• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

For Sale: Infrared-Converted E-3 and Lenses | Location: USA | Ships: USA

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Real Name
Don
What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Four Thirds Infrared E-3 + 2 Lens Outfit

What are your prices?

$475

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

Infrared converted Olympus E-3 in excellent shape with box, manuals, cables, five Olympus batteries, charger, remote trigger, two CF cards. Converted in 2015 by Spencer's Camera. Takes great images; see samples below.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Since you may not still have Four Thirds lenses, the rig includes two lenses: Olympus 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 Mk1, and 50-200 f2.8-3.5 non SWD. These two lenses have a reputation for sharpness and durability that works really well in this kit.
The camera has a few signs of wear, but not many. I'd put it easily at Ex+. It will come with an Optech neoprene strap (not shown) instead of the M4/3 strap shown. I just discovered that the one small terminal cover is missing from the left side. All the other caps and covers are present. The flash works but I've not used it. The batteries are all Olympus and there are four of the battery caps. The charger is the faster one that was shipped with the E-X cameras.

The 14-54 is in great shape; clean glass, proper caps, accurate focus (calibrated to the camera at the conversion). I'd put condition at Ex++. Includes the Olympus hood, proper caps, and box. I had the later version of the 14-54; this is a much better (and faster) lens.
The picture of the storefront was taken with this one.

The 50-200 is a workhorse. Accurate focusing. The tripod collar is present, as are the correct caps, the Olympus hood and the padded Olympus case. The lens shows a little wear, and a few minor nicks, but nothing that affects function. The rubber on the zoom grip has whitened from not being handled much, but that should buff off if it bothers you. There's not a strap for the case, and one of the feet has been repaired, but it protects the lens. The shot of the house was with this one.

I've tried to price the kit such that it provides a reasonable package for someone to start in IR photography. I'd rather not sell the lenses separately unless the body goes first.
I figure shipping will be easily $25, but I'll cover whatever is over the $20 I'm asking.
Please PM me with questions, and/or if you want other pictures of any of the pieces. Thanks!

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

$20

Handling time

3 days max

References

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited:

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi! It looks like rrobinson might have already taken this off the market, but if not could you tell me:
  1. About the IR conversion: was the IR filter replaced with glass or was a specific IR filter put in its place? If the latter, what was the frequency of the filter?
  2. What is the shutter count?

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Real Name
Don
Still available. I’ll have to check the shutter count in the morning. The IR filter was 830nm, which is Spencer’s standard B&W IR conversion. Back to you after some zzz.

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Real Name
Don
Okay. If you’re interested in the body or the lenses separately, give me a shout. I’ve priced recent sales of each item on eBay, but that data is at home, and that’s not considering the IR conversion. Otherwise, I will probably list them individually there tomorrow or Monday. If you want to dip your toe in the infrared pool, this is a pretty reasonable way to start. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom