1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED For Sale: Inexpensive Quick Release Clamps and Plates | Location: USA | Ships:

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by oldracer, Jun 20, 2015.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Inexpensive Quick Release Clamps and Plates

What are your prices?

$35 shipped USA and PayPaled

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

Description

I am changing camera mounting systems and these Velbon QRA-3 clamps and plates are now surplus to my needs. All are in good condition and work well, although there is a fair amount of chipped paint.

I originally selected this system for a couple of reasons. First, the plates and clamps are fairly small, consistent with our small M43 cameras. Second, when the plate is inserted into a clamp, the lock lever is automatically released to capture the plate. I use a monopod a lot and this is important. With the larger more expensive Arca system, for example, almost all clamps require a third hand. One to hold the camera, one to hold the monopod, and one to actuate the clamp.

Here is a link to the Velbon page: http://www.velbon.biz/product/QRA.html

[​IMG]

There are three plates and three clamps, plus a Velbon QHD-41Q ball head with a clamp. You can check eBay for prices. This assortment is maybe $100-150 if bought new.

The little ball head was a constant user on my monopod. Like any small and inexpensive ball head, small ball movements are not smooth, but with a monopod you make the small adjustments by turning or tilting the monopod itself so the ball head smoothness is a non-issue.

One of the clamps (the gold one) will take a 1/4-20 screw to mount on a regular tripod or head. The other two clamps are designed to take a flat head screw from the top, typical for mounting on more professional heads.

One of the nice things about using the ball head on a monopod is that you can use it to take high-angle pictures like this one:

full.

$35 is hardly worth writing an advert, but I hate to have these good bits just sitting in a box. Certainly someone who would like to get into a QR system can use them.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

Included

Handling time

References

600+ eBay, also good ratings here.

Additional comments

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    I like your sample high-angle pic. Bet that was not taken in Peoria . . . ;)

3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Nope. A little east of there. Timket festival in Lalibela, Ethiopia this January. In addition to the festival being fantastic, the photography was a learning experience. Generally my wife and I avoid crowds when traveling and one end of my monopod is usually on the ground. When I got into this crowd, I realized that shooting at eye level would not document the expanse of the activity. Holding the camera a couple of feet above my head, though, worked very well and was a good learning experience. Here is that same procession, shot a few seconds earlier as the leaders started to flow around me.

full.