[EXPIRED] For Sale: B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by gtyank, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtyank

gtyank Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Sep 20, 2012
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter

What are your prices?

$50

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

I'm selling a B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter, which is in great condition and no scratches. I'm selling the lens (Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8) that I used to use for this filter, so I no longer need this filter. I'm selling the lens in order to buy the Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 lens, because it has a manual focus ring that helps when recording videos.

Additional Information from B&H:
    The B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.

A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.

The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters.

B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
    • Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
    • Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
    • Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
    • Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
    • Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
    • Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
    • Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
    • Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

Handling time

1-2 days

References

Additional comments

Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.