For our friends in Christchurch NZ

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Hikari, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I hope any members in New Zealand are fine as well as their family and friends. It is heartbreaking. My prayers are with you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Just watching the news of the quake. This is going to be a very bad disaster. Never build with bricks.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I echo these sentiments, for our members in particular and for the all New Zealanders effected by the earthquake.

Gary

4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    More news here
    Deaths, destruction in Christchurch quake | Stuff.co.nz

For those that don't know - NZ is situated on the Pacific Ring of Fire (essentially the mountain ranges that runs through both islands is the fault-line).

There has always been a bit of a perception that Wellington would be hit hard in the next big quake (the fault-line runs straight through it) but that Christchurch was always relatively safe (hence the prevalence of brick in many older buildings).

Thoughts are definitely with the locals down there.

5. Twice in six months, too.

6. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    I was in Auckland for the last one and will be there again soon, I know that the community there is strong and the people will pull through. thoughts are constantly with them on what is a tragic natural disaster.

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Praying for our neighbours. We'll keep up the mighty ANZAC spirit.

Psalm 46
    God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

8. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    You can add my prayers to others from members on this site, may your God be with you.

Barrie

9. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    To all our members that are suffering, be it from revolutions in their countries or from natural catastrophes, all my sympathy !

Stay safe,
    Rafael

10. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sounds like a rough time down there. All the best an all the strength you need to pull through this, whether you are directly or indirectly affected.

Stefan

11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

My heart goes out to everyone in New Zealand. I apologize for missing this thread...and this terrible news until just this morning. My home page is The New York Times and I saw this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/23/world/asia/23zealand.html?_r=1&hp

To all of our members who live there or have friends and family there, please let us know how you are when you can.

Thank you, Hikari for starting this thread.

12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Many thoughts from here too. The news reports look pretty devastating...

-Ray

13. Roel

Roel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 4, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    This is awful. I lived in New Zealand for 4 years and I am also a permanent resident (who just happens to be in Canada at the moment). When I was there, you would always feel small earth tremors, but nothing major. But, you would always wonder when the big one would hit.

My heart and prayers goes out to the people of Christchurch.

14. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    Thoughts and prayers to all.
    Pap

15. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Earlier today, Los Angeles County Fire has airlifted 74 rescue experts complete with heavy equipment and medical supplies to Christchurch. Godspeed.

Gary