For me its all about composition......your best images <= 5 MPX

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I really like my G9's and especially like my PL100-400, 12-35, Oly 60, and the 7.5 fisheye. I have at times had both still and video imaging as parts of my job. The G9's for a dual purpose tool is actually beyond my wildest dreams. But the question is besides the technical wonders of the current cameras am I a better photography with these tools than say with my first digital camera? Undoubtedly I am a better video creator today due to the tools builtin to the G9 and the power of the the NLE's/computers. It is easier as a sole person to produce "movie" like videos as a one man shop.

However as I was talking a trip down memory lane I started looking at some images taken with my first digital camera, Nikon 775, and while they were limited to say 5 x 7 prints (remember prints and home printers?) today I could probably live with that because 4K is not really yet the standard on most computer systems (heck my Nikon 4500 could print at 13 x 19 and under the best conditions it looked fine).

Lets see some of your best composition shots from 4 MPX cameras or less:

775 (1 of 4).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
775 (2 of 4).jpg
775 (3 of 4).jpg
775 (4 of 4).jpg

Phocal

God
I never really took digital very serious until the Canon 10D came out. Prior to that I did use the Canon D30 and D60 as they were part of the intel photography gear for my ship. The D30 and D60 just never really appealed to me and were so far behind my Canon EOS 1V it wasn't even funny. The Canon 10D was also, but it was enough that I bought one to use along side my 1V. I did buy and still have a Nikon Coolpix 990, along with all the official Nikon screw on lenses and a few after market ones as well. I would use it for playing around or taking nude photos of my girlfriends but when I wanted to do serious photography I grabbed the 1V.

That said, here is a handheld long exposure high ISO photo I took with the 990. It is 1 second at ISO 400.

51021351222_e865fa875b_o.jpg
The Signal by Phocal Art, on Flickr

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Behold the glory of a cropped 4 Mp from a PS konica 2002/3 edition!

tem scupture.jpg

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
One of my first photos ever, with my very first camera, the 5MP Olympus 5060WZ, in 2005:

p453115108-6.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom