for lumix g5 - help setting f1 function for ae/af lock (and unlock)

freedda

New to Mu-43
For the lumix g5, there is the F1 button on the back that I've always used to lock exposure and/or focus. I use it to set a darker or lighter exposure, then sometimes focus and re-compose, and shoot. The thing is, now when I set the exposure this way and take a shot, the exposure locks up and the only way to 'unlock' it it for subsequent shots is to change the aperture, or the exposure compensation, or hit the menu button - it used to be that the exposure would 'unlock' as soon as I stopped holding down the F1 button or after I took a shot.

I'm assuming that there's a setting I can change to have the f1 button 'unlock' when I stop touching it, but I don't know where that is. Any suggestions?

ahinesdesign

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Aaron
I have my G5 set up so that a press of the AE-AF Lock button locks exposure, and doesn't release until I press the button again, change modes, or power the camera off. I think there is a setting for how AE-AF Lock behaves (persistent or release after an exposure).

Dan Ka

Mu-43 Regular
Look in the Custom menu on page 3/8. You can set AEL Hold to on or off. When set to off, AEL button needs to be held down during your shot. Letting go turns AEL off. When AEL Hold set to on, AEL button once pushed will stay on until the button is pushed again, PASM mode is changed or the camera turned off. At least that's the way it works on my G5.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom