For Canadian Buyers

Neil_jo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Neil Johnson
Well since retiring all I do all day is search for stuff I can't really afford and don't really need. I think the main reason I come on here is to find stuff that I haven't thought of buying yet.
But I did find some good deals at Henry's used. A Oly 17 f/1.8 for 349. and a PL 25 f/1.4 for 383. The 17mm had a condition rating of 8.5 but was like new and very sharp, plus you get 90 day warranty. The 25mm was 8.5 too and in great shape.

Cheers
Neil

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
If anyone has any other questions, fire away.
I already pulled the trigger, so I'll find out soon enough, but do these have any sort of webbing loops for securing?

I'm hoping to attach mine to the bottom of my LowePro bum bag, which has two straps below, intended for a tripod.

The LowePro Lens Case #4 has nylon webbing attached in such a way that I can securely attach it to the bottom of the bum bag, but it's a soft-sided case, and I don't like having having an expensive lens on the bottom where it's going to be hitting hard surfaces every time I take the bum bag off.

Neil_jo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Neil Johnson
I just bought a Novoflex Castel L focusing rail from Amazon.ca for 249.99. It's 379.99 at Henry's and 339.20 CAN at B+H. Thought is was a pretty good price.

Cheers
Neil

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
do these have any sort of webbing loops for securing?
Nope. :-(

But my spouse is really good with needle and thread. :)

I really wish they had put a simple strip of nylon webbing up the side. Stitched in four places, it could have made two securing points at top and bottom (like I want) and a handle in the middle.

But for C$9.99 (less 20% at the time!), I'm not complaining. I paid twice that much for the soft-sided LowePro Lens Case #4 from China, which was half of its retail value.

BTW: they are still C$9.99 on the Canada site, still an incredible deal for anyone wanting hard-sided lens cases… or you can pay US $24.99 on the US site, if you'd rather.

Last edited:

Slinky Malinki

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Entry-level deals from Olympus Canada email newsletter:
  • Buy an OM-D E-M10 Mark II body for $549.99 ($100 off) and get the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R for free.
  • Buy an OM-D E-M10 Mark II + 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R for $599.99 ($100 off) and get the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R for free.
Deal good through to June 13th.

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
[Olympus] Pro Lens Barrel Cases. Both sizes are marked at $9.99… Whereas the US store has them priced at $24.99 and $19.99 so not sure if it is a pricing error on the Canadian side.

Links to the cases:

Large - Barrel Style Lens Case Large PRO for m.Zuiko Digital Lenses | Olympus

Standard - Barrel Style Lens Case Standard PRO for m.Zuiko Digital Lenses | Olympus

Just a note that they are still C$9.99 and US$24.99, six months later!

That's 40% exchange rate! Now if they would only use the same exchange rate on everything…

The big one tightly houses the Zuiko Digital 35-100/2 and nicely houses the Zuiko Digital 50-200/2.8-3.5 SWD.

EDIT: I just got two more of the big ones, and it nicely fits the Zuiko Digital 150mm ƒ/2.0 with hood on. Now I've got a spare within which to house my next Big Glass™ purchase! (Someone, please stop me!)

Last edited:

joma416

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
It looks like quite a few Canadian Camera stores (Henry's, Camera Canada, Vistek, Downtown Camera, Panasonic eStore) have the Panasonic GX9 with the 12-60 kit lens on sale for $999.99 CAD (approximately $750 USD). I think that is the cheapest I have ever saw.

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
New EM1ii for $1349.99 CAD. Appears to be $150 lower than the price during the trade in/up event which is $500 off $1999 CAD.

Available @ amazon.ca
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca

1573066717887.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edit: Oly's Trade Up/ Trade In event is still on up to Nov. 26 if you prefer to go that route.

Edit 2: price back up to 1648.90. Deal dead.

Last edited:

ouldsmobile

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kevin

beeker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Haha, better read the fine print on this auctionmaxx stuff (well in fairness it's pretty big letters and in bold):

MANDATORY PAYMENT AND REMOVAL BY THIS SATURDAY 4PM

THIS ITEM IS PICKUP ONLY

If you don't pick it up in Toronto in time they'll charge you 10% "restocking fee"...

Makes me wonder how legitimate all this is...

Another find on Auctionmaxx.com. This seems like a fantastic deal if you're in the market. *Open Box* Panasonic S1R with 24-105 F4 Lens kit for $3200.00, 3 in stock as of time of posting. Looks like it is currently "on sale" for around $5600 at Henry's. Wish they had some EM1X's for about 40%-50% off. :)

https://auctionmaxx.com/Listing/Details/280385838/NEW-PANASONIC-LUMIX-S1R-W-LENS-KIT

Last edited:

ouldsmobile

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kevin
Haha, better read the fine print on this auctionmaxx stuff (well in fairness it's pretty big letters and in bold):

MANDATORY PAYMENT AND REMOVAL BY THIS SATURDAY 4PM

THIS ITEM IS PICKUP ONLY

If you don't pick it up in Toronto in time they'll charge you 10% "restocking fee"...

Makes me wonder how legitimate all this is...

Yeah, that's the policy on anything they choose not to ship. They seem to only ship small items for some reason(lack of resources maybe) but I am local and is why I check the site regularly. I have scored some fantastic deals on various items. Everything I have purchased has been as described condition wise. I even purchased a telescope once that was described as "Salvage" but I got it for like $20 and I think it was worth about $500ish. Worked perfectly, box was a little beat up but everything inside looked new. Even had a random pair of binoculars in the box. lol. Obviously YMMV and I am sure some of the stuff is junk but anything described as "Open Box/New" is generally brand new and likely a store return(I think they get most of their stuff from online store returns.) They are definitely legit, most stuff you have 14 days to return if not as described except on stuff marked salvage/untested.

Having said all that, if anyone is interested I am local and could pickup and ship to you(not sure on their policy though, if you can have someone else pickup.) Their warehouse is about 10 mins from my workplace. Also, the price is slowly dropping, last I checked it was at $3000.

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
Peak Design Everyday Sling’s V1 are being cleared out everywhere, but Vistek has the 10L for $144- cdn, that’s cheaper than B&H.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I received an email from Olympus yesterday; they are running a Trade In, Trade Up for Canadian shoppers. The E-M1 iii is $2199.99 with the trade in bonus. Wonder what I'd get for an original E-M1 with an almost new shutter and rear wheel? (Do I really need an E-M1 ii plus an E-M1 iii? Gear lust is an awful thing.)

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
I received an email from Olympus yesterday; they are running a Trade In, Trade Up for Canadian shoppers. The E-M1 iii is $2199.99 with the trade in bonus. Wonder what I'd get for an original E-M1 with an almost new shutter and rear wheel? (Do I really need an E-M1 ii plus an E-M1 iii? Gear lust is an awful thing.)

And you just had to bring my attention to it ;-).

Latest threads

Top Bottom