For Canadian Buyers

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
I'm wondering if I should stock up on the possibly last new camera body from Olympus now and get a few spare batteries at the same time - or should I wait for a possibly better deal on Black Friday.

I had no intention of buying an EM-1 mkIII, now I am rethinking that. The upgrade from the II is small (basically HHHR), but .....

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I had no intention of buying an EM-1 mkIII, now I am rethinking that. The upgrade from the II is small (basically HHHR), but .....
I'd end up with an E-M1 ii and an E-M1 iii but would be able to fit one with the 300mm + MC-20 and have the 40-150mm (with or without MC-14) on the other. All the batteries would be the same plus SCP and handling/controls would be almost identical. The HHHR and joystick would be nice.
Edit: just under 2 weeks after posting this I bought an E-M1 iii and spare battery, trading in the E-M1 i to get the discount and to clear away a camera that wasn't being used. I'm finding the 2 similar cameras complement each other nicely.
Of course work has exploded so there's no time (or energy) for 'real' photography. :shakehead:

Last edited:

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
3-day flash sale: E-M5iii + 12-45 f4 for $1849.99. Ends September 15 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern time.

Update: I couldn't resist and bought the kit. To get it from Olympus at the advertised $1,849.99 price you have to apply a coupon code "GETEM5," which precludes you from using any other discount code or rewards points. Also, the Olympus Rewards program ended on 31 August, so don't count on getting any rewards points if you buy from Olympus. I used the $50 coupon that Olympus gave me when they ended the rewards program to buy two BLS-50 batteries (net price $65 each).

Last edited:
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
Anybody in Victoria or environs looking for a nice display cabinet for their photo gear?

BC Auctions has a couple of them available. (That was one. Here is the other.)

I keep my gear in something similar that I got from Ikea, or I would be snarfing these up! They look nicer than a Billy with glass doors and shelves!
7994715_Main.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
I bought 72mm Gobe "2Peak" ND16 and ND128 filters, 4 stop and 7 stops, $14.40 and $15.00, no HST. Good price, right? Normal price was around $60? Newer "Urth"-branded filters are $59.

I have no experience with Gobe or with ND filters, I don't know about their quality or exactly how many stops of light reduction I need, so even at that price I am a bit nervous. I've been wanting to experiment more with slow shutter speeds with E-M1 II + 12-100mm, and now maybe I feel less compelled to upgrade to E-M1 III for "Live ND" and other features...

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
My favourite local camera store, Camera Traders (Victoria, BC, Canada) has some yummy Olympus OM pieces at what seem like good prices to me.

Remember, these are priced in Arctic Pesos, so deduct 20% to 25% to see what they'd cost in US$.
  • OM Zuiko 50/2 Macro, C$499
  • OM Zuiko 35/3.5 Shift, C$349
  • OM Zuiko 28/2, C$300
I'd be all over these, if I hadn't just blown my lens budget for the year! I don't even know if they're willing to ship, but you can ask them.

There's a number of other Olympus tidbits at this link, too.
https://www.camera-traders.com/search?options[prefix]=last&options[unavailable_products]=hide&page=1&q=olympus&type=product

Real Name
Joel
My favourite local camera store, Camera Traders (Victoria, BC, Canada) has some yummy Olympus OM pieces at what seem like good prices to me.

Remember, these are priced in Arctic Pesos, so deduct 20% to 25% to see what they'd cost in US$.
  • OM Zuiko 50/2 Macro, C$499
  • OM Zuiko 35/3.5 Shift, C$349
  • OM Zuiko 28/2, C$300
I'd be all over these, if I hadn't just blown my lens budget for the year! I don't even know if they're willing to ship, but you can ask them.

There's a number of other Olympus tidbits at this link, too.
https://www.camera-traders.com/search?options[prefix]=last&options[unavailable_products]=hide&page=1&q=olympus&type=product
The slide duplicator with bellows looks like a nice piece of kit as well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom