1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Canadian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by pondball, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    Well since retiring all I do all day is search for stuff I can't really afford and don't really need. I think the main reason I come on here is to find stuff that I haven't thought of buying yet.
    But I did find some good deals at Henry's used. A Oly 17 f/1.8 for 349. and a PL 25 f/1.4 for 383. The 17mm had a condition rating of 8.5 but was like new and very sharp, plus you get 90 day warranty. The 25mm was 8.5 too and in great shape.

Cheers
    Neil

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I already pulled the trigger, so I'll find out soon enough, but do these have any sort of webbing loops for securing?

I'm hoping to attach mine to the bottom of my LowePro bum bag, which has two straps below, intended for a tripod.

The LowePro Lens Case #4 has nylon webbing attached in such a way that I can securely attach it to the bottom of the bum bag, but it's a soft-sided case, and I don't like having having an expensive lens on the bottom where it's going to be hitting hard surfaces every time I take the bum bag off.

3. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    I just bought a Novoflex Castel L focusing rail from Amazon.ca for 249.99. It's 379.99 at Henry's and 339.20 CAN at B+H. Thought is was a pretty good price.

Cheers
    Neil

• Like Like x 1
  4. thendless

thendless Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Nope. :-(

But my spouse is really good with needle and thread. :) 

I really wish they had put a simple strip of nylon webbing up the side. Stitched in four places, it could have made two securing points at top and bottom (like I want) and a handle in the middle.

But for C$9.99 (less 20% at the time!), I'm not complaining. I paid twice that much for the soft-sided LowePro Lens Case #4 from China, which was half of its retail value.

BTW: they are still C$9.99 on the Canada site, still an incredible deal for anyone wanting hard-sided lens cases… or you can pay US $24.99 on the US site, if you'd rather.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.