1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Canadian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by pondball, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Yea, I'm sure some of these people are scumbag losers, who are so careless that they don't deserve to live.

But a surprising number of "these people" are folks like you and I, who hurt their back at work, or tore their ACL skiing, or were injured in a car accident, and were legally prescribed opiates by a knowledgeable doctor — and then, couldn't get off. The prescription runs out, the doctor won't renew, and your neighbour "knows a guy" who can fix you up. It's all downhill from there!

A lot of people can take legally prescribed opiates and manage to not become addicted. Others are not so fortunate. So let's not "blame the victim" here.

"There, but for the grace of God, go I."

On another note: there are many more humans on this planet than we can support without the use of fossil fuels, which are quickly going into decline. "How dumb are these people," that they just keep driving everywhere, in big gas-guzzling SUVs, taking vacations in far away places, using "disposable" plastic packaging that eventually breaks down into tiny bits and gets washed out to the ocean, where it is killing off sea life.

Weekly, you read in the papers or hear in the news or media, "Burning fossil fuels is having this or that terrible effect on the planet," and the next day, people go fill up their SUVs.

What am I missing here?

Suddenly, opiate addiction seems like a minor problem, in comparison to what we're doing to future generations. Think opiates are addicting? Try giving up fossil fuel!

2. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Good Point . Its Addiction

3. To get back to the site topic, sorta like buying camera gear… :) 

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Just thought I'd share a quick note on a couple of recent purchases.
    • bought a filter adapter and 3 ND filters from @ijm5012@ijm5012 here at mu-43 a couple of weeks go and it went very smoothly. Kudos to Ian for making this transaction so smooth... albeit I still got dinged at the border... not Ian's fault by any means
    • followed that up with a recent (not yet posted in recent photo gear thread) purchase of several more Haida filters from Ari (FLM) in Ottawa (he's the Cdn Haida rep) and both the communication and the transaction were top notch.
    • My first mu4/3 purchase was last fall at the Vistek ProFusion show in Toronto and included my 3m5mkii, 12-100/4 Pro and a few other goodies. Since then I've purchased other products from Vistek in Toronto (all online or by phone as I don't live anywhere near - good thing probably). My previous go to place had always been the Pickering Henry's but since it was closed and I can't really handle the crew at the Oshawa one my next best choice is Henry's Kitchener but that's over two hours away so not really a go to place... so Vistek online it is! Just picked up my MeFoto DayTrip Air from them and had wonderful service from Andrew.
    • with the problems with importing from offshore that appear to be popping up recently I think it's safe to say that we have lots of safe, reliable shopping opportunities right here in Canada and in mu-43.com

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DocZZZ

DocZZZ Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2017
    Hello fellow canucks!

Not many crazy deals going on right now BUT i am looking to move from micro 4/3s so I'm going to be selling all my gear. would love to stick within canada so save shipping on both ends. no taxes for the buyer as well. let me know if any of you gents/ladies are interested in anything!

the gear I'm looking to move is as follows,

Olympus Pen F. silver. only had for 3 months.
    Olympus 25mm f1.8 silver.
    Olympus 45mm f1.8 silver.
    Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro black. (genuine 1:1 magnification. includes the special hood that slides back onto itself)
    Pana Leica 15mm f1.7. (silver, which was a special edition released for a while. full metal construction with metal hood)
    Olympus 14-42mm EZ. (fantastic pancake zoom)

6. pm sent

7. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    What are your prices?

8. dougjnl

dougjnl New to Mu-43

Aug 24, 2017
    Any Canadians selling a 7-14mm 2.8 pro by chance?

9. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    The only way you'll get mine is if you pry it out of my cold, dead hands. :biggrin:

10. Giiba

Giiba Something to someone somewhere Subscribing Member

Aug 19, 2016
    New Westminster, BC
    That can be arranged...

:cautious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
  12. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Panasonic 100-400 lens at Seneal camera $ 2000.00 +- $ 1500.00 USD

ECmerchant 2000

• Like Like x 1
  13. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  14. genesimmons

genesimmons Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2017
    amazon .ca has the olypus 60mm macro for 450, thats a great price,i asked london drugs to price match it and i got mine from there,

15. genesimmons

genesimmons Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2017
    best buy canada has the macro 60mm for 379, wow crazy price, also the 30mm macro for 199 great price

16. MrQ

MrQ Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    Canada
    Bestbuy Canada has a few good deals

Oly 25mm f1.8 - $225 CAD
    Oly E-M5 II - $699 CAD

Shop Panasonic also has the G85 with 12-60mm for $939 if you have perkopolis. $999 for everyone else, still a good deal as this camera never really goes on sale

17. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    New Brunswick,Canada
    When you say you got dinged at the border are you talking sales tax on the value of the gear you bought. I have looked at the chance of buying used gear from some of our friends down south. They did not charge any duties on used gear did they .

18. yup... can't remember the exact amount and while with the exchange rate, the extra shipping and the duty and brokerage it's still a good buy (if the initial price is right) the posted prices are far more attractive than reality

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.