For Australian Buyers

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
It OK OzRay. I took your post the way you intended.

When I purchased the EM1 I asked Ted's to match the Cambuy price.
This was when the camera was just new. They wouldn't ... so I purchased from Cambuy.
Always a good idea to ask as this gives you a local for any problems you might have needing to get it back to the maker for repair.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311170598498

Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens hood for $22 ($10+$12 shipping).

The original lens hoods are stupidly expensive given that they're just a piece of plastic, $22 isn't a bad price. Unless you're happy with an aftermarket one, however I didn't find them to fit as well.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Aldi stores this week were selling an LED BBQ light for $18 and I bought one for the BBQ, but after unpacking it, I discovered that it served as an excellent macro light as well, so I bought another one for a two light system. The build is excellent, all alloy, with three magnets on the feet as well as the clamp, and the light arm offers great reach with a very firm flexible arm. These probably won't be around for much longer, but anyone who wants a couple of excellent macro lights, go to a nearby Aldi store and see if they have any left. These also look like they will serve as excellent BBQ lights:

bbq light.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lefty

Mu-43 Regular
price for just the lens is hot too!! I'm happy with my EM5 , having this lens would be nice indeed. I wish I saw this promo before I went overseas and save on the GST.

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.co...zuiko-digital-ed-f-2.8-pro-lens?cPath=808_790

Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 M.Zuiko Digital ED PRO Lens For Micro 4/3s

Model: O1240mmMZDtwl
Manufactured by: Olympus

Price: 849.00
Web Special
Save with Olympus Summer Cash Back of $100.00 until 31st January 2015 Price After Cash Back is $849
Cash back offer !!

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Camerapro, currently have some pretty decent prices for some of the olympus lenses that have cash back.

Black 45mm 1.8 for $249 after cash back
oly 75-300 II, oly 60mm 2.8, oly 75mm are worth a look a

David A

Mu-43 All-Pro
Don't mention CameraPro, they took my pocket money :)

I walked into their Queen St store yesterday morning to order the new 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO zoom and walked out $1599 poorer with the lens in a bag. They had just received their first 5 that morning. I don't know how many were on pre-order but they had at least one that wasn't and I grabbed it. Don't know if they have any left a day later but anyone in Brisbane who wants to try for one should make a phone call fast because they weren't expecting them to hang around the store. I think the only reason one or two weren't on pre-order is that most of the pre-orders were apparently for the lens and tele-converter and they only got one of those in so it was already gone.

And yes, I think it's a very nice lens indeed.

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I walked into their Queen St store yesterday morning to order the new 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO zoom and walked out $1599 poorer with the lens in a bag. They had just received their first 5 that morning. I don't know how many were on pre-order but they had at least one that wasn't and I grabbed it. Don't know if they have any left a day later but anyone in Brisbane who wants to try for one should make a phone call fast because they weren't expecting them to hang around the store. I think the only reason one or two weren't on pre-order is that most of the pre-orders were apparently for the lens and tele-converter and they only got one of those in so it was already gone.

Ouch, thats s significant chunk of change! Have fun with your new lens, though :)

350duser

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for that David.
Jusy bagged one that did not have a name written on it!!!
Now to earn the money and convince the treasurer that it was an essential buy!!!

David A

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for that David.
Jusy bagged one that did not have a name written on it!!!
Now to earn the money and convince the treasurer that it was an essential buy!!!

I don't know about you but there are days, and yesterday was one for me, when I'm simply a glutton for immediate gratification :)

David A

Mu-43 All-Pro
you may not need that 75mm now David ... :)

Rob,

I think the 40-150 has the same sort of image quality as the 75 has. It seems very impressive from the little bit of a play I've had with it so far. I think if image quality were the only factor I could give up the 75 but image quality isn't the only factor for me. The 75 is smaller, not by all that much I admit but it is smaller, and it is also a little lighter, plus it is a bit over a stop faster. That gives it the edge if I don't want the extra reach that the 40-150 has, or if I need the extra speed. I feel the same about the 12'-40 f/2.8 zoom. Really I think you can now cover everything from 12 to 150mm with 2 lenses and get superb image quality provided you're prepared to handle the extra weight and you don't want something faster than f/2.8. That's a great situation to be in provided you can afford these 2 lenses.

As for me, I figure I'll simply end up using the 40-150 at 150mm most of the time when I use it and go for the 75 instead if I don't need that extra reach. I seem to have become wedded to primes somewhere back in the late '60s and I feel more comfortable with them. Old habits die hard. even when the zooms are as good as the current 2 PRO zooms in the Olympus stable. Sorry but I don't think my 75 is up for sale at a good price just yet :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom