For Australian Buyers

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
From their current prices it will be interesting to see how may pro lenses they sell. Saw the cost of the 12-200 at camera house and thought even at the discount price it is way too expensive

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. Current situation isn't sustainable.

Also, here's why I think the 150-400 will be delayed, two reasons:

- When you release a new product, you want it to be an instant hit, you don't want to release a product with the story being "it'll sell when the economy picks up". Now's not a good time to be releasing new gear. Many countries are in lockdown or social distancing, and a lot of professional photographers have next to no (or none whatsoever) work on their plate.
- Olympus was clearly lining up the release to coincide with Tokyo 2020, that's now been delayed.

BPCS

Mu-43 Veteran
However, for about 18months or so, Aus prices were the same or less than current USD USA prices (same actual number in US and AUS) from a big store like B&H after when the AUD dollar had done the big fall. My theory is that Oly Aus bought up big when the Aussie dollar was on parity to the US dollar and that stock is now depleted.

Vermont3133

A New Lens Will Fix It!
Real Name
Stu
I was thinking this was going to be a massive EOFY sales time but nothing much yet. Here I am wavering between an EM5 ii or a 12-40 or a 12-45 and no juicy deals cropping up so far!
Or is it [June 12] still a bit early?

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
Well I benefited from a much cheaper Panasonic 100-400 from CameraPro which I happily accepted. It was discounted anyway then another $100 off as you walked out the door so to speak.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Here's a couple of lenses at actually really good prices & with the $100 Cash Back, (works out better than the price I got last year for the 100 Anniversary Weekend Sale).
https://www.camerapro.com.au/olympus-m-zuiko-7-14mm-f-2-8-pro-lens.html

$1,199.00
PLUS INSTANT
$100 CASHBACK
was $2159
$1099 after $100 cashback

https://www.camerapro.com.au/olympus-m-zuiko-ed-12-100mm-f-4-is-pro-lens.html

$1,299.00
PLUS INSTANT
$100 CASHBACK
was $1970
$1199 after $100 cashback

No one is going to pay the price for the 300 F4 lens though, but a couple of the f1.2 primes are also going at good prices See them all here.
https://www.camerapro.com.au/camera...YAFFA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EOFY_SALE

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Here's a couple of lenses at actually really good prices & with the $100 Cash Back, (works out better than the price I got last year for the 100 Anniversary Weekend Sale).
https://www.camerapro.com.au/olympus-m-zuiko-7-14mm-f-2-8-pro-lens.html

$1,199.00
PLUS INSTANT
$100 CASHBACK
was $2159
$1099 after $100 cashback

https://www.camerapro.com.au/olympus-m-zuiko-ed-12-100mm-f-4-is-pro-lens.html

$1,299.00
PLUS INSTANT
$100 CASHBACK
was $1970
$1199 after $100 cashback

No one is going to pay the price for the 300 F4 lens though, but a couple of the f1.2 primes are also going at good prices See them all here.
https://www.camerapro.com.au/camera...YAFFA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EOFY_SALE
That 7-14 and the 1.2 primes look to be good prices.
But that 300 pro and the 12-40 pro are way to expensive for my liking.

If I was starting out again not sure if I would go with Olympus now, they could price them selves out of the market if not carefull.

Edit
The 12-40 is about double it the price compared to 12 months ago and the 300 pro is 30%+ more expensive.

Last edited:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
That 7-14 and the 1.2 primes look to be good prices.
But that 300 pro and the 12-40 pro are way to expensive for my liking.

If I was starting out again not sure if I would go with Olympus now, they could price them selves out of the market if not carefull.

Edit
The 12-40 is about double it the price compared to 12 months ago and the 300 pro is 30%+ more expensive.
The general prices are rather prohibitive. I had dreams of getting the 300 f4 lens, & now I know it will remain a dream. I think somehow I will just have to be satisfied with what I have for a long time now. Things may change, hopefully for the better next year or the following year. I fear the 100-400 lens suggested to be coming may end up being overpriced or not up to the level I would hope for. We'll see.
The month isn't over yet & others may have some sales that will look attractive too, but the new normal prices are just scary.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think there may be a major currency correction coming in the near term, you could see the US dollar fall and hopefully it may correct the prices here. Or at least make getting imports worthwhile again.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
Blimey that's cheap!

CameraPro

FB_IMG_1592456052589.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
And to think I cringed when I bought my 12-40 at less than $800 and how I had a (very) understanding wife!
There's no way I'd fork that much out now.
Ridiculous discounts. But if one wanted one the good price.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
And to think I cringed when I bought my 12-40 at less than $800 and how I had a (very) understanding wife!
There's no way I'd fork that much out now.
Ridiculous discounts. But if one wanted one the good price.

I've talked about before about me spending $2.8K on a 300mm f4 was a trigger for a "what direction are we going?" conversation with a (now ex)gf.

Just thinking that and looking back and wondering: maybe marriage, mortgage, kids is a route I want to go down... 2 mins later: nah I'd hate it.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Here comes some 'good'(?) prices, hopefully (for those looking).
1592978108257.png

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've talked about before about me spending $2.8K on a 300mm f4 was a trigger for a "what direction are we going?" conversation with a (now ex)gf.

Just thinking that and looking back and wondering: maybe marriage, mortgage, kids is a route I want to go down... 2 mins later: nah I'd hate it.
Angus, just keep looking for a nice lady carrying a Leica, problem solved.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Here comes some 'good'(?) prices, hopefully (for those looking).
View attachment 831608
It will be interesting to see the bottom line as the starting points are quiet high.
for example [I don't want to think what the 150-400 will cost list]
300f4.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom