For Australian Buyers

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
If anyone sees good deals on the Laowa 7.5mm can you please post. I see you can get them on Ebay sometimes with the 20% discount down to $640 posted. Looking for this deal or better or if you have a used one let me know. Cheers

After two bad copies that I returned, I gave up on this lens. Both of them I bought via ebay and I simply couldn't get a sharp image out of either of them.

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
Bidkev

I just sold my 7-14mm f4 Panasonic to make way for this lens. My sister has one which is very good.
I have used the manual focus before when I had a Samyang Fisheye lens so I'm on board with that.
I know that you have to find the sweet spot for the focus and not rely on the infinity focus sign (had to do this for the Samyang also)
Could that have been the problem with yours.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Bidkev

I just sold my 7-14mm f4 Panasonic to make way for this lens. My sister has one which is very good.
I have used the manual focus before when I had a Samyang Fisheye lens so I'm on board with that.
I know that you have to find the sweet spot for the focus and not rely on the infinity focus sign (had to do this for the Samyang also)
Could that have been the problem with yours.

No Maria. I tried everything with both copies, different f stops, different POF's. I even set them up on a tripod. The images looked in focus through the viewfinder but nothing at all was in focus on the computer

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
2c406630-6ae9-401a-9d79-8f070692886e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am not up with Panasonic pricing so not sure how good these deals are but if you are interested there is more information at this link.

swifty

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
$300 EFTPOS card redemption on the 10-25 f/1.7
Digidirect has 15% off currently at $2335.
So effectively around $2000. Plus any GST refunds if any of you are travelling overseas.

THAT is a good deal!!

betamax

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan
15% everything again (including E-M5.3) at Digidirect... now I am just a little tempted.....

Everyting but the Laowa 7.5mm it seems... DOH!

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
Wish I had not already spent so much, would have really like the 17mm 1.2 ......Oh well always next year and I did get a few extras in the sale.

Oh man same here. Spent so much on Black Friday but also saved a lot of money on stuff I wanted to/planned on buying eventually anyway.

I now own all but 2 of the M. Zuiko Pro lenses currently on the market. My inner GAS wants me to pick up the 17mm and 25mm (maybe around boxing day. Olympus do decent discounts around then usually with redemption too).

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Oh man same here. Spent so much on Black Friday but also saved a lot of money on stuff I wanted to/planned on buying eventually anyway.

I now own all but 2 of the M. Zuiko Pro lenses currently on the market. My inner GAS wants me to pick up the 17mm and 25mm (maybe around boxing day. Olympus do decent discounts around then usually with redemption too).
I havn't thought about the f1.2 lenses, since there needs to be a use for them & I don't really have that use for them. My last splurge was the 7-14 lens at 20% off (12th Oct sale). When weddings & fires are over then I might actually get to use that more.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
I havn't thought about the f1.2 lenses, since there needs to be a use for them & I don't really have that use for them. My last splurge was the 7-14 lens at 20% off (12th Oct sale). When weddings & fires are over then I might actually get to use that more.

I want to do more natural light portraits and start getting into some artistic and implied nude shoots next year

BPCS

Mu-43 Veteran
Try the 25 Pro 1.2... it is a rendering miracle. Not too sharp, but sharp enough, and even in everyday scenes, shoot at f1.2 and watch how much depth/ 3D a shot suddenly has with beautifully smooth front and rear OOF areas.

BPCS

Mu-43 Veteran
Buggah... they like to hit one when one's wallet is down!
Digidirect is joining the party at $998.75 for the Pro Primes lol!

Latest threads

Top Bottom