For Australian Buyers

VSTR61

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Vic
That's why I haven't bought it (yet), 'cause I like being married. :)

Hmmm, 300mm f/4 he thinks, looking over his glasses at 'er indoors asleep on the sofa, head tilted right back, emitting those combination snore/gargles. Closing his eyes, the sounds reminding of a time, many decades ago when wash-day was a Copper on the stove, bubbling slowly as Grandma gently boiled the undies…

Sounds like an upgrade to me. :thumbup:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Here's the first of the bonuses from Olympus this month.

OLYMPUS Bonus High-Power Flash

OLY1042-EM1X-Flash-Promotions-webbanners-AUNZ.jpg.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Receive a FL-900R High-Power Flash valued at $649AUD/$749NZD when you purchase the brand new Olympus OM-D E-M1X between 15 April 2019 and 31 July 2019.
Olympus - Olympus Australia

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Olympus E-M1X Body Only (130544)
$4,298.00 (DigiDirect)
BONUS HIGH-POWER FL-900R FLASH VALUED AT $649 AUD WHEN YOU PURCHASE OM-D E-M1X
2262_web-icon.jpg

Olympus E-M1X Body Only

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Beware Guys! They're at it again on gumtree. I got a phone message with his email first asking me to reply by email as to my lowest offer on my PenF which seemed genuine. When I responded saying that I'd already received an offer on ebay but to avoid the fees I'd reduce my price if he bought it off Gumtree, this came back

"Thanks for the response,I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature of my work, and am very busy man ..
i am buying this for my first son who just graduated on top of his University ,I want it to be the perfect gift for him and am making it a surprise package ,Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking. I don't mind adding an extra $200.00 for you just to take down the posting., And am ready to handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info
Due to the nature of my work i am a very busy man working all day, am a (Operating officer) am presently on-board, i don't have access to my bank account online as am not with my credit card details here but i have my ANZ bank account link up with my PayPal account so I will be paying you through Account to your nominated bank account or better still is if you have a PayPal account ,please get back to me with your BSB and account details or PayPal account so i can proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in NT for my son .Await your reply"
cleardot.gif

b3RvKig1NGU2ZmEwMzA2ZjQyNTIxYWIzNGQ5NzBkZWU0N2E5NmQ5YWZiZmU5MAFoF1GxhsHaNO_n0wzHBcpJ67zftA?sz=32.jpg

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
James has been my inspiration: I see scammers in a totally different light now and an opportunity for some home-grown fun :rofl:

I used get a lot of insurance calls, I reckon they keep databases because they've tapered off a lot.

"Hello sir, you had an accident is that right?"
"Yes but I've changed my pants since then."

The last one that called I went into a detailed story about a car accident involving a dog

"so you hit a dog? Is that right"
"No the dog was driving the other car"
"Oh my god, the dog was driving a car? You are a f*****g d****head!!!!"

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
This will make present owners of the E-M1X wishing they had waited a little longer. ;)
Olympus E-M1X Body Only
$3,389.80 SAVE 15% (from DigiDirect)
WAS: $3,988.00
2262_web-icon.jpg

Olympus E-M1X Body Only

Last edited:

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
This will make present owners of the E-M1X wishing they had waited a little longer. ;)
Olympus E-M1X Body Only
$3,389.80 SAVE 15% (from DigiDirect)
WAS: $3,988.00
View attachment 745992
Olympus E-M1X Body Only

I damn well nearly hit BUY about 10 minutes ago with the thought of selling off my mk2 ....... did have a small cry first :)
I still don't regret the early buy or the price paid but i'll beat we are seeing Cost price + 1%

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
I damn well nearly hit BUY about 10 minutes ago with the thought of selling off my mk2 ....... did have a small cry first :)
I still don't regret the early buy or the price paid but i'll beat we are seeing Cost price + 1%
My hand was hovering over it too, but then I remembered I like being married ;) & then we have a daughter's wedding to pay for later this year too. :rolleyes:
The profit in it may be more than you think though.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
and what a wonderful Camera flash combination that we can use to capture those special moments missed by the hired pro tog.

Not sure your wedding party size/bill but 3.5k could be a rounding error? somewhere?
:D If only I could convince them of the 'benefits' of that package. :rolleyes: They would only say "What's wrong the cameras & flashes I already have?" (FL50 & FL50R with E-M1 & E-M1 II):oops:
Not that I would be using flash really although I may need it for later into the evening. Something to plan for.

Last edited:

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
:D If only I could convince them of the 'benefits' of that package. :rolleyes: They would only say "What's wrong the cameras & flashes I already have?" (FL50 & FL50R with E-M1 & E-M1 II):oops:
Oh come on :) not thinking quick enough
" Darling i have this wonderful weather sealed cameras but the flash units are not and you just never know if someone will spill or throw a drink over one or both at the wedding, it would be a disaster. Olympus is going to GIVE me a new weather sealed flash for the much better camera and highly reduced bargain at that. I'm sure i could sell off the mk1 and FL50 to cover a chunk of the cost :) "

BTW i have a fully functional FL50 that doesn't get used enough, the Godox gear has somewhat made it redundant. Now once Adorama list the X2T units i'll grab one as it has the pass through hotshoe.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Oh come on :) not thinking quick enough
" Darling i have this wonderful weather sealed cameras but the flash units are not and you just never know if someone will spill or throw a drink over one or both at the wedding, it would be a disaster. Olympus is going to GIVE me a new weather sealed flash for the much better camera and highly reduced bargain at that. I'm sure i could sell off the mk1 and FL50 to cover a chunk of the cost :) "

BTW i have a fully functional FL50 that doesn't get used enough, the Godox gear has somewhat made it redundant. Now once Adorama list the X2T units i'll grab one as it has the pass through hotshoe.
She may reply, "Just use that FL-LM3 splash proof flash for the snap shots you'll take!" :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom