Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
The number of times I've had the Em1x and 100-400 loaded into the Digidirect cart over the last few days, lol.

Doing some hard thinking on my gear and it's use. The problem is that even though it's a great deal, it's still $4k . And for field sports I could get a 150-600 sigma and a canikon aps-c dslr body for half that price, with (arguably) better results in some ways. I think I'm kinda hoping the sale ends to take the temptation away. Until the next one, lol.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
The problem is that even though it's a great deal, it's still $4k

I'm in the same boat regarding the price of the body and as such am still working with two original E-M1's, while the newer bodies are undoubtedly an upgrade I can't justify the cost unless one of my existing bodies died.

The truth is that while I'm always going to desire better performance my current bodies are rarely pushed to their limits given the vast majority of my pictures are downsampled for internet consumption, as such upgrading would make my life easier (through better autofocus/etc) without really changing the end result.

I'm hoping the next generation is a large enough leap (like the original EM1) that I can easily justify it, a 32mp sensor would instantly do it (diffraction just isn't something I worry or care about).

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I'm in the same boat regarding the price of the body and as such am still working with two original E-M1's, while the newer bodies are undoubtedly an upgrade I can't justify the cost unless one of my existing bodies died.

The truth is that while I'm always going to desire better performance my current bodies are rarely pushed to their limits given the vast majority of my pictures are downsampled for internet consumption, as such upgrading would make my life easier (through better autofocus/etc) without really changing the end result.

I'm hoping the next generation is a large enough leap (like the original EM1) that I can easily justify it, a 32mp sensor would instantly do it (diffraction just isn't something I worry or care about).
I felt the E-M1 II (bought six months after release) was a very worthwhile upgrade in performance & an increase in MP made it better too, particularly in being able to crop more when needed, but its performance & added features is why I rarely use my original E-M1 & of course, the E-M1 III is better again. I will be interested to see what comes next though & maybe I can persuade my better half I really need it after it has been out for six months or so with (hopefully) a price drop.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom