For Australian Buyers

Kurgan

New to Mu-43
And the sale at Diamonds is gone. Almost got one of them.

I sent them a message asking about availability. They had none. A bit later I got a new message from them, they had one in stock. Said I would take it, but buy the time they got back to me they had already sold it and then the price returned to normal.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
And the sale at Diamonds is gone. Almost got one of them.

I sent them a message asking about availability. They had none. A bit later I got a new message from them, they had one in stock. Said I would take it, but buy the time they got back to me they had already sold it and then the price returned to normal.
I'm afraid it is the quick or the dead in those sales. In something like that it is, buy it & ask for a refund if not in stock. Sorry you missed it, but mine is on the way at Digi's normal price. Just got to wait on the covid safe procedures of Australia Post & even with Express Post it isn't next day delivery & because of the greater volume of larger parcels being handled. The time of the year doesn't help either.
EDIT: Looks like mine is coming today now.

Last edited:

Kurgan

New to Mu-43
It was such a very good price. If I hadn't waited for a response and clicked through to buy I would have got it. Just a bit annoyed.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
While a bargain is always great to get, my lens arrived today & I am very happy with it for the price I paid anyhow.
How is yours when mounted?
By that I mean any more rotation when locked compared to other Oly lenses.
One of the other users here indicated his had more rotational movement than his other Oly lenses.

Edit I notice it has been reported elsewhere as well, that site we don't talk about
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4518519

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
How is yours when mounted?
By that I mean any more rotation when locked compared to other Oly lenses.
One of the other users here indicated his had more rotational movement than his other Oly lenses.

Edit I notice it has been reported elsewhere as well, that site we don't talk about
Quite solid actually. No more movement than the other lenses. I had seen photos that appeared to look like they had champhers on the locking hole, but mine is not & is a separate insert at the point (as they all are). This is what it looks like (after I started to use it).

Attachments

Last edited:

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Quite solid actually. No more movement than the other lenses. I had seen photos that appeared to look like they had champhers on the locking hole, but mine is not but is a separate insert at the point. This is what it looks like (after I started to use it).
Those inserts make it look like it was made for another mount and changed for Mu-43.
Just checked my Oly & Panasonic lenses and have a slotted hole, no inserts.
Looks like the metal is deforming with sideways movement. The metal seems to be pushing up like bruising
Hope it does not get worse with use

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Those inserts make it look like it was made for another mount and changed for Mu-43.
Just checked my Oly & Panasonic lenses and have a slotted hole, no inserts.
Looks like the metal is deforming with sideways movement. The metal seems to be pushing up like bruising
Hope it does not get worse with use
Nothing a small pin punch can't flatten down again. ;) Yes, I know all my Oly lenses are as you say.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nothing a small pin punch can't flatten down again. ;) Yes, I know all my Oly lenses are as you say.
Dont know if I would use a pin punch on the back of a lens.

But on another note on the DPR thread there is supposed to be a reply from Olympus about the issue

Below is the reply to a DPR posters question to Olympus

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Dont know if I would use a pin punch on the back of a lens.

But on another note on the DPR thread there is supposed to be a reply from Olympus about the issue

Below is the reply to a DPR posters question to Olympus

View attachment 860162
As I said above, it has no more noticeable movement than my other lenses. Yes, there is movement. Maybe the 'heavier' drag of the 'tromboning zoom' lens was approached with using an inset because it does have more rotational drag.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There are some whacky prices on there! After factoring the various Visa card bonuses, the EM1X Body Only is Cheaper than the EM1-III Body Only???
Unless I am looking at the ads wrong the EM1X with the 12-40 pro, has a very expensive 12-40
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom