For Australian Buyers

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
Is there a way to apply a sound on the electronic shutter like on Panasonic? I tried it on my EM1.3 and it drove me mad not hearing anything.
I have looked through the menu and manual and cant see anything
Nope... i would like an artificial shutter sound too. You can choose to have focus beep on or off though.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I don't think there will any performace advantage apart the MkIII being able to take 15 shots instead of I think 8 in the MkII
Since I have not used the MkII at all nothing to compare to, but the MkIII does 15 shot stack fairly quickly.
The Mk II does up to 15 shots now (with the FW updates, since FW 3.0).

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Is there a way to apply a sound on the electronic shutter like on Panasonic? I tried it on my EM1.3 and it drove me mad not hearing anything.
I have looked through the menu and manual and cant see anything
But it is "Silent Shutter" though. ;) AF Confirm sound can be turned on in Menu 2 though (that applies to Mk II & III).

Last edited:

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
Well that was good service. Ordered the EM1 MK III Sunday, received it Tuesday. It has stickers on the box 'Australian Version', none of my previous Olympus purchases had any form of stickers like these.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Well, I haven't heard from Olympus confirming my claim for the 17mm is approved.

But I just received an email from Aus Post /DHL stating that my delivery from Olympus Au is scheduled for next Tuesday or Wednesday !

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
So, not that I'm looking forward to this, or watching closely or anything. 😜

But it was picked up from Oly at 2.06 pm, processed at Eastern Creek at 4.41pm, processed at Sydney at 11.54pm . I need an update this morning, Aus Post!!!

It's gonna be a long long weekend....

On another note, I've sold most of my Pentax Dslr gear. In some ways, I'm quite sorry to see it go. But it was seldom used and has removed the financial urgency to decide if I keep the 1ii or not.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
I took the E-M1 III with the 60mm macro out for a quick spin this morning on my way to work. I took around 300 photos, all 15image focus stacks of orchids. My perception is, there appears to be very little, if any, improvement in speed when processing the stack over the MK II. I'm heading out again after work to check out the sun orchids which should be open, but I won't be using this configuration, as it is too windy for focus stacks at the moment.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Undecided whether to advertise sale so thought I'd give Aussie members first shout if interested: Olympus 12-40 pro $700 post free. Mint condition with less than 500 pics taken. If it doesn't go here I'll probably stick with it although it's just lying idle due to health issues. Pics if you need 'em but it's as new. I have a 100% rep on ebay for selling photo gear: https://www.ebay.com.au/fdbk/feedback_profile/bidkev1

Last edited:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
My 100-400 lens is coming, but annoying the better prices come after.
1606271835918.png

Real Name
Angus

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom