For Australian Buyers

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Actually, the Em1ii price isn't reduced at Digi.

Diamond Cameras still have a few left for $1749, which is the deal i grabbed.

But that Digi price on the Em1x is the first time i can recall it being under 3 grand australian!

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
Actually, the Em1ii price isn't reduced at Digi.

Diamond Cameras still have a few left for $1749, which is the deal i grabbed.

But that Digi price on the Em1x is the first time i can recall it being under 3 grand australian!
Only $2,630.40 via their current eBay store promotion

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
That's what I went for.

And it's only been 5 days or so, but I can't stop checking my emails to see if Oly Australia has approved it, lol.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Anyone got an Olympus 8mm f1.8 fish they want to offload? Can't be bothered trolling though thousands of "ships: CONUS" ads in the classifieds...
I actually may have been tempted by the 8mm if it were part of the Free Prime promotion. Especially with the built in defishing of the 1ii and 5iii .

Real Name
Angus
That's what I went for.

And it's only been 5 days or so, but I can't stop checking my emails to see if Oly Australia has approved it, lol.
They will. But they usually don't until just after the promo has ended. Their marketing/consumer communications team is very responsive, but it's not very automated and relies on human intervention.

I bought a second E-M1X when the $500 visa redemption got extended, and my serial number was one digit off the last one I redeemed (one serial ended in 52, the other in 25, otherwise serials were identical). I had to chase them up a month later and point out they were different because they thought they'd already redeemed one.

They are super responsive and super helpful though.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
It got the better of me. I purchased an E-M1 III.

Although I’ve previously asked owners if there is a performance improvement over the Mark II for focus stacking, no one has responded. I’ll find out for myself soon enough. :)

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular

Although I’ve previously asked owners if there is a performance improvement over the Mark II for focus stacking, no one has responded. I’ll find out for myself soon enough. :)
I think you will enjoy it. I wish it had 2 UHSII slots though. I will get one if the EM1X FW update for Subject AI is a flop. Or if soonish in the future it looks like Oly/JIP will never release another top body... or Panasonic for that matter.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
I think you will enjoy it. I wish it had 2 UHSII slots though. I will get one if the EM1X FW update for Subject AI is a flop. Or if soonish in the future it looks like Oly/JIP will never release another top body... or Panasonic for that matter.
I’m sure I will. I take several thousand images each weekend, the majority focus stacks. We’re heading into a busy time over the coming months with subjects to photograph, so it’ll get a good workout.

I had no intention of investing more coin into Olympus, but now with a few bodies, they should keep me going for a few years. I know focus stacking uses the electronic shutter, and does this also affect the life cycle of the mechanical shutter through power cycling etc?

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I don't think there will any performace advantage apart the MkIII being able to take 15 shots instead of I think 8 in the MkII
Since I have not used the MkII at all nothing to compare to, but the MkIII does 15 shot stack fairly quickly.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't think there will any performace advantage apart the MkIII being able to take 15 shots instead of I think 8 in the MkII
Since I have not used the MkII at all nothing to compare to, but the MkIII does 15 shot stack fairly quickly.
The MK II also does 15, which works well. It’s the processing time I’m hoping is improved with the faster processor. There is nothing wrong with the speed of the MK II, just with the shear number I take on an outing any time saved is an improvement.

Last edited:

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
I’m sure I will. I take several thousand images each weekend, the majority focus stacks. We’re heading into a busy time over the coming months with subjects to photograph, so it’ll get a good workout.

I had no intention of investing more coin into Olympus, but now with a few bodies, they should keep me going for a few years. I know focus stacking uses the electronic shutter, and does this also affect the life cycle of the mechanical shutter through power cycling etc?
Full electronic shutter does not affect the shutter count life span. When I shoot thousands of frames for BIF, I appreciate this fact.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Full electronic shutter does not affect the shutter count life span. When I shoot thousands of frames for BIF, I appreciate this fact.
Is there a way to apply a sound on the electronic shutter like on Panasonic? I tried it on my EM1.3 and it drove me mad not hearing anything.
I have looked through the menu and manual and cant see anything

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom