For Australian Buyers

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
@Ross the fiddler Ah, Ross. The sweetness of low price never makes up for the bitterness of low quality (or whatever).
I've not had to return any of my purchases & there have been quite a few over the years, & I've also bought a few grey items without consequence, although I wouldn't for something more expensive (& prefer to give business to local if possible, through Olympus Australia etc). I think the only grey Olympus item I bought was an EC14 (& EC20 used). I have always shopped around for the best price, first from NSW & particularly Sydney businesses before looking further afield, but I have done alright, including buying from Ryder. If you want to always buy from your local store only, that is very gallant of you & fine if you have the funds to do so, but many of us like to get as much for our expenditure as possible though.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Camerahouse have the Em1ii deal with the free Pro prime lens for Au$1999, plus you get a Camerahouse 200 dollar voucher.

I really don't need the 1ii, or even particularly want it, but at that price I'd just about get one, never open it and sell it off later!

I do have to laugh at Oly Australia trying to claim the free 1.2 Primes are worth $2099 though! Ive never seen them anywhere near that price.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Camerahouse have the Em1ii deal with the free Pro prime lens for Au$1999, plus you get a Camerahouse 200 dollar voucher.

I really don't need the 1ii, or even particularly want it, but at that price I'd just about get one, never open it and sell it off later!

I do have to laugh at Oly Australia trying to claim the free 1.2 Primes are worth $2099 though! Ive never seen them anywhere near that price.
That is their latest RRP though (after this year's price rises).

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
The Diamonds Cameras (Camerastore-Australia) EBay site has the mk2 for 2K less 10%... better than a $200 print voucher from Camera House. The best price ever for the Pro Primes was $999 over Xmas 2019, so you are getting a mk2 for $800... not bad. No wonder they have sold 60 already!

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
I just grabbed the Em1ii deal.

$1749 from Diamonds Camera, free shipping to melbourne.

https://www.diamondscamera.com.au/olympus-om-d-e-m1-mkii-black-body

Now, the big question. Do i choose the 17/1.2 or 25/1.2 ? I'm probably 90 percent sure I'll go with the 17mm, but i have been enjoying the 25/1.8 recently. I've a few days to decide. I think I need the serial number to register for the free Pro Prime.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Now, the big question. Do i choose the 17/1.2 or 25/1.2 ? I'm probably 90 percent sure I'll go with the 17mm, but i have been enjoying the 25/1.8 recently. I've a few days to decide. I think I need the serial number to register for the free Pro Prime.
Yes I would go for the 17mm, more versatile and sharper from what I have read as the 25 seems to have copy variations.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Yes, I've always liked the rendering of shots I've seen from the 17mm. I don't need the 45, I have the Nocticron .

It's certainly ended any thoughts I have of running two systems re the new S5 . Though I don't particularly need the 1ii, I will have to see how things go whether I keep it or not. The lack of joystick always made me hesitant on it versus the G9. I accepted it on the 5iii as I bought that purely for it's sheer compactness.

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular

Nice... I have both and had to get Oly adjust my 25 Pro (soft on the LHS). The 17, IMHO, is the finest lens I have ever owned. It is usable in every way wide open... and wide open it must be used 😎. The 25 Pro is special too... character... like a legacy lens done right... the smoothest of rendering and bokeh for portraits. Have fun deciding.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
The 17, IMHO, is the finest lens I have ever owned. It is usable in every way wide open... and wide open it must be used 😎. The 25 Pro is special too... character... like a legacy lens done right... the smoothest of rendering and bokeh for portraits.

You're not helping, lol. I love legacy rendering.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Nup, I think it'll be the 17mm . I like the focal length, close focusing distance and some shots from it almost have that 3d pop effect that is usually a ziess description. And unlike my 15PL - one of my favourites - it's weather sealed.

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
Nup, I think it'll be the 17mm . I like the focal length, close focusing distance and some shots from it almost have that 3d pop effect that is usually a ziess description. And unlike my 15PL - one of my favourites - it's weather sealed.
Get a second mkii, sell it for $1400, thus losing $350 which will be your "cost" of getting a 25 Pro as well... you are allowed to claim two Pro lenses for the promotion. 😎🤣

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
Indeed, the 17 Pro does have higher close up magnification than the 25 Pro...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Em1ii just arrived from Diamonds. Amazing service given the Covid-caused postal delays in Melbourne atm.

I have requested the 17/1.2 .

Last edited:

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
@saladin Congratulations. I reckon you will like it, Jason.

However, it is a very complex camera. Don't expect to learn it all in a short time!

No, I'm familiar with the less than obvious Olympus methods, lol. Should be fairly similar to the 5iii . tbh, I have to decide whether i intend to keep the 1ii or just keep the lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom