For Australian Buyers

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Last edited:
Real Name
Angus
Oops!!!

I have actually been wanting a second one for a while. When I go birding and go to shoot events, I go with an E-M1X and E-M1 mk III with a grip, and I find the lack of vertical joystick on the latter to be frustrating.

This isn't a case of a guy with too much money. This is a case of a millenial with no wife, no mortgage, no kids and who hasn't suffered any income loss as a result of COVID-19. :whistling:

1593039661047.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Prices are all mixed up currently... it looks like an old stock vs new stock issue. If so, the future looks bleak for Oly Aus.
The E-M1 III seems to be fairly priced at under $3k with sales etc making it reasonable, but to think I only paid $1200 for that 7-14 lens last year though it seems unreal now. The drop in our dollar value & Olympus's raised prices just brings pain when looking at those prices now.

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
The E-M1 III seems to be fairly priced at under $3k with sales etc making it reasonable, but to think I only paid $1200 for that 7-14 lens last year though it seems unreal now. The drop in our dollar value & Olympus's raised prices just brings pain when looking at those prices now.
If my theory is correct, the EM1.3 would be "old stock"... Oly Aus would have imported/ ordered a whole lot before the bad news and there is incentive to reduce stock. The 7-14 could be stocked in a buffer process now... Just enough for 2 weeks at a time. Small, regular orders will cost a lot more per unit than bulk orders.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
If my theory is correct, the EM1.3 would be "old stock"... Oly Aus would have imported/ ordered a whole lot before the bad news and there is incentive to reduce stock. The 7-14 could be stocked in a buffer process now... Just enough for 2 weeks at a time. Small, regular orders will cost a lot more per unit than bulk orders.
That is more than likely as it not a lens for the masses, so to speak (with high turnover numbers).

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
That is more than likely as it not a lens for the masses, so to speak (with high turnover numbers).
I have watched Camera Pro list lenses at excellent prices (NOT demo versions) and then a few days later (whilst the "sale" is still on), the price jumps hundreds of dollars above the "pre sale" price! It looks like a clearance at the old margins (plus a discount for the sale) and then a case of them having to reorder ("check stock") at what Oly Aus wants for "new" stock.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The AUD has jumped over the last few months since the start of the corona virus current pricing may depend on what Olympus has calculated the exchange rate to be. Hopefully pricing may get clearer in the future.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom