For Australian Buyers

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
CameraPro had them for $1200-$1300 a couple of weeks ago (which is still a good price). Glad I didn't cave then!
I have the Sigma 56mm f1.4 and love it and the focal length, but the build quality of the 45 Pro... hmmm.... I must be strong now! $999 is a crazy good price at Camera House.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I still got the best price for the Oly 7-14 f2.8 lens back on teh Oly 100 Yr Anniversary weekend sale (Camera House) so I'm glad I jumped on it then, since I wouldn't be buying anything now while fires are nearby & still burning towards us.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
I still got the best price for the Oly 7-14 f2.8 lens back on teh Oly 100 Yr Anniversary weekend sale (Camera House) so I'm glad I jumped on it then, since I wouldn't be buying anything now while fires are nearby & still burning towards us.
I got that a few years ago with the 8mm fisheye during a Gerry Gibbs sale.

Thoughts are with you mate. Hope the fires don't come too close.

OldRex

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
Ross be safe. Hoping all will be well for you and your community.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
There's some good pricing about this weekend.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Em5iii.

https://www.digidirect.com.au/olympus-e-m5-mark-iii-body-black

Olympus are offering the 25/1.8 via redemption for it.

Plus, with a trip to NZ this week, I think I can claim back the gst via the TRS scheme? Is that correct, I've not done it before. Which would make it $1390 for body and 25mm lens?

I'd have to sell some other stuff to keep the wife happy though, lol. Probably an X100F and an unused lens or two.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Plus, with a trip to NZ this week, I think I can claim back the gst via the TRS scheme? Is that correct, I've not done it before. Which would make it $1390 for body and 25mm lens?
Make sure you plenty of extra time at the airport to claim the GST. Last time I claimed it at Sydney airport it took nearly an hour. I have heard of even longer times.

OldRex

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
Make sure you plenty of extra time at the airport to claim the GST. Last time I claimed it at Sydney airport it took nearly an hour. I have heard of even longer times.
If you claim the GST on the TRS scheme, you are "exporting" the item. If you re-import it you are meant to declare it on the way back in. At this point you will re-pay the GST plus a surcharge if you use a credit card to pay it. All-in-all not worth it and not well covered when you go looking online.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
If you claim the GST on the TRS scheme, you are "exporting" the item. If you re-import it you are meant to declare it on the way back in. At this point you will re-pay the GST plus a surcharge if you use a credit card to pay it. All-in-all not worth it and not well covered when you go looking online.
That's what I was thinking too. Better to take the camera as one you already own (so to speak) & in your camera bag, but if boxes are wanted then they would probably need to be flattened etc.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not sure how I did it, but I purchased my 100-300 zoom for a trip away and the store told me how to do it.
But considering what I saved and how long it took, I think I would go for a sale if possible.
Problem was for me it was a last minute decision.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Yep, just found the full info (camera store sites only mention the outgoing claim) and by law I'd have to declare it in a week on the way back into the country and pay the GST on it!

TRS is really aimed at non-Australian visitors (unless I was out of country for 12 months).

So, scrap that part of the saving. $1529 for 5iii and 25/1.8 . It's the size and USB charging that appeals for travel.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Can't find any local outlets selling the new Ecg-5 grip for the Oly 5iii. Maybe Olympus Aus haven't brought any in as yet?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom