For Australian Buyers

NoTan2

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Ryda have the Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II at $1,959.98. Reasonable price or worth waiting for another month or so to see if any better deals come out?
I noticed that too, Andrew. I've never been interested in an E-M1 but I have another overseas trip next year and it was my plan to pick up an E-M5 ii to replace my E-M5.
I have stubbornly insisted to myself that the E-M5/12-40 was easy to hold (without a grip) but now I'm not so convinced (or perhaps it's just GAS?) Picked up a friend's D850 with 24-70/2.8 on the weekend and while it's not a sensible comparison (being significantly heavier), it was nonetheless easy to hold so perhaps the grip on the E-M1 is a good thing after all.

Edit: Just dragged out my D7000 and fitted the 18-200 VR and carried it around for a while and then did the same with the E-M5/12-40. Fingers got sore. (It's easy to convince yourself when you just want to buy something. 😊)

Now that the E-M5 iii is being advertised at the same price as the E-M1 ii, the latter is looking very appealing.

Black Friday is only a month away.

Last edited:

Richard_M

Mu-43 Regular

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Thanks Ross. I just purchased! Was surprised though that free shipping no longer exists. Everything is now $9.90 or more for shipping.
I was lucky back in June when they introduced it then with an even better discount, but then I opted for express postage which cost me $15, which I probably didn't need to.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I ordered the MC20 on Friday and received it this morning (Monday), fast delivery. Now I am considering selling my MC-14 and my 75-300mm mk11 lens. Do I really need these now?
I'm definitely keeping my MC-14 as I'm still thinking of getting the 300 F4 lens, but with the 40-150 lens it goes from f4.0 to f5.6, so I think there maybe a time I may want a shorter range in lower light where the 1.4 will benefit & that applies to the 300 f4.0 lens too (if I ever get one), because shutter speed still has to be considered with subject movement.

Real Name
Chris
I'm definitely keeping my MC-14 as I'm still thinking of getting the 300 F4 lens, but with the 40-150 lens it goes from f4.0 to f5.6, so I think there maybe a time I may want a shorter range in lower light where the 1.4 will benefit & that applies to the 300 f4.0 lens too (if I ever get one), because shutter speed still has to be considered with subject movement.
I concur with your thinking. The MC-20 is also on my radar, given I own the 40-150 and the MC-14.
One day I hope to buy the 300 f4 as well.

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
If anyone sees good deals on the Laowa 7.5mm can you please post. I see you can get them on Ebay sometimes with the 20% discount down to $640 posted. Looking for this deal or better or if you have a used one let me know. Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom