1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Australian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by OzRay, May 10, 2014.

1. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I put an E-M1 II with the 40-150 (+MC14) which can have the HLD-9 grip attached plus an E-M1 (ungripped) with with the 12-40 attached & other odd inclusions which can include the 60mm macro lens etc. And then there’s is room for other items in the front such as lunch etc as well. A tripod can be added (for pianos or selfies) & of course a drink bottle, like on this occasion. No tripod here though.
    46669701602_b326e1c32a_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    M1139818[CaOne]adj by Ross, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. They're a damn good bag at that price and can take some hammer too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Allan
    While brousing EBoy I came across several great deals.
    Just got a brand new HDL-9 for $149 (free postage) but also found this that someone may be interested in.
    (There is also another HLD-9 available - same price
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-Battery-Holder-HLD-9-for-E-M1-Mark-II-Genuine-AUS-STOCK/254011507588?hash=item3b24440384:g:U3wAAOSwrZBcBlKj:rk:2:p f:0
    Brand new OMD EM5 mark II with oly 14-150 lens for $899
    Olympus E-M5 Mark II Silver Adventure Kit + 14-150mm II Lens **ON SALE** | eBay
    These are Aussie dollars

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Good price! :thumbup: I've been out today with that combo and enjoyed myself apart for getting peed wet through with sweat!

5. Ross the fiddler

Would they be grey or just a clearance name for a regular store? If a regular retailer then those HLD-9 grips could be left over bonus grips. I've seen grips go like that before.

6. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Allan
    Think he is a regular dealer/store with 100 percent rating and located in Melbourne and active since 2005. Just recently they were selling the mark II with free battery HDL-9's and these may be left-overs.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ross the fiddler

I remember buying the HLD-7 at a reduced price & then they were being cleared out at least $100 cheaper. Unfortunately, I seem to jump too soon & miss out on some of those bargains. :rolleyes: 

• Sad Sad x 1
  8. VSTR61

VSTR61 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 15, 2017
    Perth, Western Australia
    Vic
    Hey, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have the E-M1II and HLD-9 for the grand total of AU$1550.00! I didn't notice the cashback until you pointed it out.

Beers all round if you're ever in Perth. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ross the fiddler

Half your luck! :)  My wife has reminded me I'm not getting anything more (this year). :rolleyes: 
    Lenses are in my sights though. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. saladin

saladin Mu-43 All-Pro

May 29, 2015
    jason
    Digidirect have stock of the EM1X arriving tomorrow. $4399 with 2 X 32gb uhsii cards, a Sirix monopod and card wallet. Crikey.

OLYMPUS E-M1X Launch Kit

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  11. Ross the fiddler

Not sure why the monopod. The IS is so good!

12. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Panning, support the weight of a 300mm?

13. Ross the fiddler

Panning for car racing etc could be useful, but more likely with the new 150-400 lens since the 300 lens is not excessive in weight (I got to test one out recently).

14. Ross the fiddler

15. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Went and had a hold at lunch time. Feels so good in the hand, much more natural than a gripped E-M1 mk II. Will have a play when I have more time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ross the fiddler

Keep an eye on the Touch & Try dates (down the page) for one near you if you haven't been able to put your own SC card in yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
  18. Ross the fiddler

Congratulations. :2thumbs: I wish I could cave for that & the 300 F4 lens too. :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.