1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Australian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by OzRay, May 10, 2014.

1. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. 156782 sales with only 290 negatives isn't too bad in my book considering that most complaints are about slow delivery and cheap Chinese electronics. With ebay/paypal guarantees a saving of $500 on an Olympus product would be worth a gamble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  4. VSTR61

VSTR61 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 15, 2017
    Perth, Western Australia
    Vic
    Too good to resist. I bought one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ross the fiddler

Good on you. I'm almost tempted to buy a second E-M1 Mk II at that price, but then again, I like being married. ;) 

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. VSTR61

VSTR61 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 15, 2017
    Perth, Western Australia
    Vic
    Provided she never sees them in the same place together. How would she know?

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. speedy

speedy Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Digidirect have a sale for one more day I think. Pretty tempted by the 42.5 Nocti, as I have a $300 EFTPOS card burning a hole in my pocket, plus another $200 one with the purchase of the lens. Very tempting @ $900
    DigiDirect Australia

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  8. Bushboy

Bushboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2018
    Aotearoa
    Charlie
  9. That's the buy it now price with free postage. I've already got one.

10. Ross the fiddler

I use mine too when using two cameras. One with the 12-40 & the other with 40-150 with MC14 & with a grip if desired.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    It's the old version, not the current version. I don't know what I'm missing out on by buying the old version, but at $46 I'll cope.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ross the fiddler

It doesn’t have space for a laptop & since I don’t carry one, my older version is just fine for me too.

13. Ive carried a laptop in my old version. I just wrap it in a towel and sit it on top of the gear.

• Like Like x 1
  14. saladin

saladin Mu-43 All-Pro

May 29, 2015
    jason
    Somewhat off topic for MFT, but Digidirect are quoting $5200 for an S1 with 24-105/4.

Simply not justifiable for me - I could buy a heck of a lot of elite MFT glass for that - but it does look a very good camera early days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    Mine arrived today and I discovered the lack of a laptop sleeve. As I never use a laptop in the field, that's of zero consequence to me. I do sometimes carry an iPad for quick postings to social media, there's plenty of room for that in its protective sleeve. It looks like the bag will be useful for days when I want to carry too much.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.