1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Australian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by OzRay, May 10, 2014.

1. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Time to buy (existing) Olympus gear again. Olympus - Olympus Australia

upload_2018-11-15_13-2-45.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. speedy

speedy Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I really don't need that lens, but at that price it's really really tempting me

3. speedy

speedy Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Aaaaaarg. Got the better of me. Caved. At Au $1670 delivered to my door, I could not resist. Hopefully it makes it by the weekend, & I can give it a try on a motorsport event.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pav

Pav Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2014
    Gold Coast
    Digidirect online has 15% off online for black Friday. Some stuff excluded but thought I'd mention it regardless :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. saladin

saladin Mu-43 All-Pro

May 29, 2015
    jason
    Ted's and digital camera warehouse also having a sale.

Gx9 with 12-32 now available at most for $999au .

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yes, this is tempting at $1,528.30. Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm
    Especially with this.
    upload_2018-11-22_14-5-14.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  7. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    If the repairability of this lens was not under question, I think I would jump at this. But sadly not this time :( 

• Like Like x 1
  8. swifty

swifty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2013
    Singapore
    Dave
    I caved with the 15% Digidirect discount + EFTPOS card rebates. Will be selling my 70-200/2.8 to fund my new Panny purchases!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. You won't regret it. The extra reach is something I could only dream of using FF. I was lucky with mine in that I got mine for $1200 from someone who hadn't got round to using it before an unexpected expense hit him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fuchalmania

Fuchalmania Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
    Thanks for this. Got the Panny-Leica 15mm f.17 for $450 delivered. :) 

11. swifty

swifty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2013
    Singapore
    Dave
    Thanks. Only problem is I gotta wait since I’m not in Oz atm and have to wait for relo’s to bring it over. It’s killing me lol!
    But the deals are very good compared to where I am now. Actually just looking around, the deals are good compared to anywhere globally.
    Getting a G9, 50-200 and 8-18 equates to $750 in EFTPOS rebates alone!!
    I’m just waiting for the Sigma 56/1.4 to be released and I’ll sell my 45/1.8 for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. swifty

swifty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2013
    Singapore
    Dave
    TRS? Good deal eh :) 

13. Fuchalmania

Fuchalmania Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
    Yep - heading to France next month. Magnifique!

• Like Like x 1
  14. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I came so close to getting a G9, but ended up getting a EM10 II at Digidirect as I want to try the Oly live composite modes before deciding on which way to go with a pro body, Olympus or Panasonic. As soon as I used the simple vertical rear LCD I realised how much I don't like the fully articulated screen. Just wish the EM10 did not use another sized battery

Edit the worst bit was the wife tried to convince me the G9 was a better proposition at the current price. Picking the EM10 II was really heard in that regard, but I think the right decision.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  16. Fuchalmania

Fuchalmania Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
  17. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Yep, I think I paid 530 for mine second hand...

18. saladin

saladin Mu-43 All-Pro

May 29, 2015
    jason

If the Em10 was weathersealed I'd likely have one. Great little camera.

I prefer the fully articulating screens in general, because I like to fold them away and in portrait orientation for landscapes etc they're great.

During these current sales, I've very nearly jumped to FF via a crazy good price on an A7, nearly bought the 100-400 PL and nearly bought the 75 Oly. In the end, I look like doing nothing and waiting to see what the S1 release looks like.

I am tempted to grab a P20 though, because a good quality pancake is never a waste.

19. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I have looked at that lens a number of times myself but always thought it was too expensive, but now it is better value.
    From the number of people in DigiDirect when I was there I think they may have moved a fair bit of stock this weekend.

And that Panasonic 100-400 was going for a real good price if you include the visa card, but I have heard bad reports regarding getting those cards in the past.

20. Fuchalmania

Fuchalmania Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
    Yeah I bought the 8-18 last year and they stuffed up with the rebate card. Sent me a charger and battery out by mistake. They sent the card when I contacted them and I got to keep the charger kit.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.