For Australian Buyers

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LOL, they've sent it? :D Or something at least, aus post reports. I wonder if it will just be a picture of their web store people giving me the middle finger. If it actually is a VF-4 in the box - olympus customer for life :D

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Olympus promotion is still on. Here is an excellent deal on the EM-5 and EM-1 from camerapro:

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Body Only Black AUSTRALIAN STOCK $549 After Cashback
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Body Only AUSTRALIAN STOCK $849 After Cashback [EOFY Clearance]
http://www.camerapro.com.au/eofy-cl...&manufacturer=olympus,panasonic&gan_data=true

Here is the official link for the cashback claim:
http://www.olympus.com.au/promotions
Just to get back to the camerapro stuff - as well as the really nice GX7 deal there, there's this oddity -

Olympus PEN E-P5 Black Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Lens AUSTRALIAN STOCK $604 After Cashback

vs

Olympus PEN E-P5 Black Compact System Camera Body Only AUSTRALIAN STOCK $596 After Cashback [EOFY Clearance]

$8 for a kit lens which you can then sell for, what, at least another 80 bucks I guess?

dnightingale

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darren
My E-P5 body was $546 a couple of weeks back (After cashback). @ $604, that one sounds just as good.

In the past couple of weeks I've ended up with the E-P5 - $546, the 12-40 - $909 and now the VF-4 - $79. At just over $1500 I'm pretty happy.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My E-P5 body was $546 a couple of weeks back (After cashback). @ $604, that one sounds just as good.

In the past couple of weeks I've ended up with the E-P5 - $546, the 12-40 - $909 and now the VF-4 - $79. At just over $1500 I'm pretty happy.
Hi Darren
That's pretty awesome . How does 12-40 mm look and balance on EP5? I also ended up buying EP5 and contemplating getting 12-40 mm . Pics will be appreciated
Cheers

dnightingale

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darren
Hi Darren
That's pretty awesome . How does 12-40 mm look and balance on EP5? I also ended up buying EP5 and contemplating getting 12-40 mm . Pics will be appreciated
Cheers
Hi,

The 12-40 is no small lens, so you won't hear from me that it's compact. It's quite big (for M43), quite heavy with the E-P5 (For M43), not really subtle or inconspicuous (For M43). As far as balance and handling, I just love it. I cradle the lens in my left hand and balance the body with my little finger while shooting and it sits there nice and steady. To me it feels reassuringly steady and balances just right. Did I mention there is quite some heft to the combination. Don't let me forget that.

I did previously have an E-M5, but not with this lens, and I'm guessing there isn't all that much difference in how it would feel unless you were using the grip.

For times when I really need compact, I guess I'll put on the 20mm (or BCL), but otherwise, I feel this lens might as well be glued on as far as my usage goes. I just love it so far and the benefits I see for me simply outweigh the weight or size argument.

Here are a few quick and dirty pics.. Taken with X100s (heavy cropped jpg from camera) @ ISO 3200 f2

I just notice the VF-4 is in transit. YAY.

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Couple of deals I noticed from places that usually aren't super discounters -

http://www.teds.com.au/olympus-pen-15mm-body-cap-lens

15mm bodycap, clearance at $49.95aud, half what it usually goes for here and not grey.

http://www.georges.com.au/index.php...lr-cameras/sigma-19mm-f2-8-dn-art-series.html

Sigma 19mm f2.8 DN Art Series in silver/black and mft/e mount, $150aud. Cheaper than anywhere grey as far as I can see.

edit - oh scratch that, bodycap is here -

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.co...me-lens-ultra-slim-and-flexible?cPath=808_790

for $29.99. About what it's worth :D

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
VF-4 Delivered today. Good on Olympus for a fantastic bargain and delivered promptly.
I'd like to know if it was an intended price & the reason for it or otherwise. I still suspect it might have been a mistake, but good on you for getting such a great deal. I'm pleased they are giving me back $300 for buying the E-M1.

dnightingale

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darren
*swears* public holiday means I'll be waiting til at least tuesday :p

Awesome that they sent it though.
Thanks heaps Piggsy for saving me some serious $$$. Don't worry about the wait, I was expecting Tuesday as well. At least you know it's no finger in the box!

The $200 back on my E-P5 was great as well.

Well, if they intended the price to be $69 that's just fine with me as well. It wasn't advertised, or stated to be a discount on the website, and either the same day or the next morning, it was removed from sale and the price stated $329 AUD at retailers. I'm guessing they just sold out their stock, or discovered the pricing and that was the quickest way to remove it.

I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on mu-43.com for future bargains.

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I know right :D Since you said you got yours it randomly occurs to me they actually really did sent a $330 EVF for $69 and I'm just

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

every time :D

I don't really mind what happened as long as they sent it, I guess. I'm thinking Olympus' web setup and structure might be such that they didn't actually notice it was at the wrong price until they were all gone and at that point it might have been cheaper to just send 'em out than try and coordinate refunds/deal with chargebacks from stroppy people etc :D

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I am pleased to say that Olympus Australia has paid me my cash back ($300) for buying the E-M1 during this promotional period of the MEGA CASH BACK. I should add that I was one of the early buyers & got my claim in pretty quick, so thanks very much Olympus Australia. :thumbup: And thanks very much CamBuy for a nice price & great friendly service in supplying me with this purchase. :2thumbs:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's about how long it took for me to get the promotional case when I got my E-M1. I'd rather have had $300 cash back.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
That's about how long it took for me to get the promotional case when I got my E-M1. I'd rather have had $300 cash back.
And also with the reduced prices now too. I'm at least $120 better off (before the cash back) than I would have been (at a discount price) last October, but there have been some even better prices from a couple of suppliers too.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom