For Australian Buyers

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Bought an E-PM2 in the first week of May. In my email of confirmation it said: "Once your claim has been approved by the promotions team please allow up to 12 weeks for the payment of your claim."

The 6 weeks may only applied to the OMD EM-1 ?!

Sorry, my mistake. It was 12 weeks in my email too. I dunno where I thought I saw 6 weeks! :redface:

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
You could be right, but the few times I've tried to deal with them, it hasn't been a pleasant experience. They just seem extremely arrogant, at least the times I've tried to deal with them (the Melbourne store anyway). DigiDirect was always pretty good, an absolute cluster of a store compared to the layout of Teds and Michaels, but a better experience. They also had some avid Olympus users (Camera Action), so it was great to talk to them and they gave good deals to boot. Not sure if the same people are there anymore.
Teds are pretty low on my list of preferred shops - the staff really struggle to look past Canon and Nikon. I've heard them being quite insulting about Sony and Pentax DSLRs, and as for m4/3 ... they are clearly just overpriced compacts.:shakehead:

I've bought quite a bit from Michaels, and have discovered quite a few of the staff there have m4/3 cameras. They also have a price matching policy, but I haven't tested it. I prefer to shop where the advertised price is lower rather than the shop which only offers a decent price if asked to match (assuming other factors are equal).

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Teds are pretty low on my list of preferred shops - the staff really struggle to look past Canon and Nikon. I've heard them being quite insulting about Sony and Pentax DSLRs, and as for m4/3 ... they are clearly just overpriced compacts.:shakehead:

I've bought quite a bit from Michaels, and have discovered quite a few of the staff there have m4/3 cameras. They also have a price matching policy, but I haven't tested it. I prefer to shop where the advertised price is lower rather than the shop which only offers a decent price if asked to match (assuming other factors are equal).

I agree , Teds is grossly overpriced . They have refused thrice to match the price . I am gonna report this to Ombudsman or fair price Australia . It's misleading and they shouldn't offer price match if they can't match the price with camera pro and garrybgibbscamera or even Ryda and digidirect .
Cheers

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
I agree , Teds is grossly overpriced . They have refused thrice to match the price . I am gonna report this to Ombudsman or fair price Australia . It's misleading and they shouldn't offer price match if they can't match the price with camera pro and garrybgibbscamera or even Ryda and digidirect .
Cheers

Good luck with the ombudsman, given their website clearly says "Please note this isn't a guaranteed price match service, we do our best to match other Australian retailers." What's wrong with that? And why don't you just buy from the other retailers?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Cheers

Good luck with the ombudsman, given their website clearly says "Please note this isn't a guaranteed price match service, we do our best to match other Australian retailers." What's wrong with that? And why don't you just buy from the other retailers?

I think the best strategy is to give them the big miss & tell others to do the same. Go into the store if you wish (or email) & tell them so if it makes you feel better.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think the best strategy is to give them the big miss & tell others to do the same. Go into the store if you wish (or email) & tell them so if it makes you feel better.

Hi Ross
I have done that and the guys are my friends at Teds. They suggested that to me and funny party is I bought Fuji XE1 from digidirect for one of them . Digidirect was clearing the stock and I went in the store for price match as a friend of mine wanted to buy that . The salesman ( I knows him since 2008) asked me if I can get one for him as well . I am ignoring them and promoting Camerapro, digidirect and garrygibbscamerahouse. Even JBHIFI is nice when it comes to taking off few dollars on ticketed price .

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Don't the shipping costs from Qld or WA negate any of the savings that you might get?

Hi Ray
There is a huge price difference . For example , EM1 body only sells for AUD 1599 at Teds and the best price they could offer was AUD 1428 ; where as , camera pro EM1 body only price is AUD 1149

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi guys, sorry if I've mixed up my Olympus gear, but are olympus.au currently offering the VF-4 for kind of ridiculous low?

mZRKptO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/...ory-Port-Options/VF-4-Digital-Viewfinder.aspx

Is there some other model of the VF-4 for the OM or 'full' 4/3? I kind of jumped the gun and ordered it anyway before I even thought to ask, so I guess I'll see what I get :D

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Hi Ray
There is a huge price difference . For example , EM1 body only sells for AUD 1599 at Teds and the best price they could offer was AUD 1428 ; where as , camera pro EM1 body only price is AUD 1149

What I meant was, when compared to say DigiDirect. Buying from the US will probably get you better prices than Teds (including shipping).

dnightingale

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darren
Hi guys, sorry if I've mixed up my Olympus gear, but are olympus.au currently offering the VF-4 for kind of ridiculous low?

mZRKptO.jpg

http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/...ory-Port-Options/VF-4-Digital-Viewfinder.aspx

Is there some other model of the VF-4 for the OM or 'full' 4/3? I kind of jumped the gun and ordered it anyway before I even thought to ask, so I guess I'll see what I get :D

I tried my luck and ordered one as well. It said in stock when checking out in the shopping cart. Lets see. Beats $288 @ DigiDirect who are normally pretty cheap anyway.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

mZRKptO.jpg

Thanks a lot .. I have ordered one as well .

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think they have goofed on the price for this one (it's happened before) & you may find they will fix it ASAP.

"Fix" how? :) Has anyone ever ordered something from olympus.com.au at a price olympus didn't intend to sell it for? I could google up a few instances of it happening in the US but I can't seem to find if they actually honored the orders and I have no idea what they're obligated to do under the australian consumer law.

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
"Fix" how? :) Has anyone ever ordered something from olympus.com.au at a price olympus didn't intend to sell it for? I could google up a few instances of it happening in the US but I can't seem to find if they actually honored the orders and I have no idea what they're obligated to do under the australian consumer law.

Yes, they had the grip strap for the E3, E30 & E5 model for $9 (or something close) for which I had ordered two (or as I thought) & they initially sent me two body caps (as they had listed the wrong part number with the photo & description) & when I rang them they found one new strap in their workshop (since they had no official stock) & sent it to me. I thought that was alright considering the original price & I use it on my E-M5 with HLD-6 grip. This was when they first set up the online shop.

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
WttPj1o.jpg

Looks like we broke it. Interesting - if that was a glitch they still haven't changed it. Have to see if I get shipping confirmation out of them today :D

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
WttPj1o.jpg

Looks like we broke it. Interesting - if that was a glitch they still haven't changed it. Have to see if I get shipping confirmation out of them today :D

Either that or all the stock has been bought at that price.

EDIT: They've now updated it to;
$329.00
Available from retailers

I still think it wasn't intended at that price & now someone will have a red face.

Latest threads

Top Bottom