For Australian Buyers

sircam1

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the heads up OzRay. Ordered myself the 25mm. Couldn't justify full price, but at AUD354 (once add Olympus rebate, couldn't pass it up. Now if I can just sell off the rest of my Canon gear to fund EM-1 + 12-40.

dechoder

Mu-43 Regular
Me too.. I wanted the 17mm but couldn't justify the cost (even after discount and cash back) so got the 25mm instead!

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I couldn't get the E-M1 (body) quick enough after the cash back offer started (on the 28th April) plus the OK from my wife & got it from CamBuy. I recommend them for being one of the best for prices & great friendly service.

dechoder

Mu-43 Regular
For anyone interested in the E-M10, Bing Lee (of all places) has the body + kit lens for AUD$799 til Sunday.

Real Name
Adam
Excellent timing. I went in to DigiDirect to buy the 25/1.8 when the rebate was announced, but no stock ... :frown:

A week later a friend tells me about the sale on the Sunday afternoon - too late to go to the store, but not too late to order at the nicer price through the website. :smile:

Thank you DigiDirect for being out of stock the first time I tried. And thank you Michaels and Teds for being more expensive than DigiDirect's normal price so I wasn't tempted to try them. :biggrin:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Yeah, Michaels and Teds have to be the most expensive around, I've bought just about everything I have from DigiDirect, mainly when it used to be Camera Action.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Yeah, Michaels and Teds have to be the most expensive around, I've bought just about everything I have from DigiDirect, mainly when it used to be Camera Action.
I didn't realise they took it over (or changed their name), but I have bought something in the past from Camera Action (online) & later from DigiDirect (in Sydney) when I got the E-M5 kit. I noticed they have the E-M1 body at a good price but all else is dearer than where I have bought various items from since (CamBuy) with even better prices & excellent friendly service. What I don't like is when DigiDirect over-inflates the RR price in their advertising, stating the E-M1 body was $1799 when it was never that high & at $1599. It's dishonest advertising as far as I'm concerned.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I didn't realise they took it over (or changed their name), but I have bought something in the past from Camera Action (online) & later from DigiDirect (in Sydney) when I got the E-M5 kit. I noticed they have the E-M1 body at a good price but all else is dearer than where I have bought various items from since (CamBuy) with even better prices & excellent friendly service. What I don't like is when DigiDirect over-inflates the RR price in their advertising, stating the E-M1 body was $1799 when it was never that high & at $1599. It's dishonest advertising as far as I'm concerned.
One thing DigiDirect is always willing to do is bargain with prices, Teds especially seems locked in no matter what others are offering. I'm not sure why they are providing a recommend price that doesn't reflect the Olympus website price, and I've seen it shown lower on their site. Taking the cash back offer, their price is $1299, so the figures are all screwed up on the web site.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
But Teds offer an official price-matching scheme through their website, don't they? I actually used it once for a camera bag. The price to match cannot be a grey import item, of course.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
But Teds offer an official price-matching scheme through their website, don't they? I actually used it once for a camera bag. The price to match cannot be a grey import item, of course.
You could be right, but the few times I've tried to deal with them, it hasn't been a pleasant experience. They just seem extremely arrogant, at least the times I've tried to deal with them (the Melbourne store anyway). DigiDirect was always pretty good, an absolute cluster of a store compared to the layout of Teds and Michaels, but a better experience. They also had some avid Olympus users (Camera Action), so it was great to talk to them and they gave good deals to boot. Not sure if the same people are there anymore.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Yes, here it is: http://www.teds.com.au/teds-info/price-promise/

It worked fine for me. Note that they say it is only online, not through stores, so don't ask store staff to price match.

A nice advantage is that after getting a match, one can have it delivered to the local store for pickup (prepaid), so I actually saved on shipping from the alternative outlet.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
There does appear to be a fair few caveats, but that's how many do business. When my E-5 was lost, the insurance company said that they could get a quote for me and I said fine, but in the meantime did my own research. When I got back to the insurance company they had a price from Teds (can't remember exactly what it was), but when I gave them the DigiDirect price, I could hear their jaw drop. Naturally they were happy for me to go through DigiDirect. When dealing with DigiDirect, I called them first, then emailed them the details and paid by card over the phone once everything was confirmed; they even ended up giving me free postage via courier when I confirmed the deal. DigiDirect knew it was an insurance claim, but didn't raise the price regardless. I'm also certain they will beat anyone else's prices if given the chance (Melbourne store anyway).

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes, here it is: http://www.teds.com.au/teds-info/price-promise/

It worked fine for me. Note that they say it is only online, not through stores, so don't ask store staff to price match.

A nice advantage is that after getting a match, one can have it delivered to the local store for pickup (prepaid), so I actually saved on shipping from the alternative outlet.
Hi Arg
Teds is notorious and they can refuse if the price is too low . They refused to match price for Oly 75 mm when camerapro was selling it for AUD799 and Teds Price was AUD999

thelaxong

Mu-43 user
Real Name
Nic
Wow, that's $20 cheaper again than the digidirect price. It seemed that digidirect was struggling to fill orders but I just received my E-M1 after about three weeks. Unfortunately it needs to straight back to Olympus with that sticky rear dial issue.

I also read in the Olympus cash back fineprint that you should allow up to 12 weeks to receive your money!

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Wow, that's $20 cheaper again than the digidirect price. It seemed that digidirect was struggling to fill orders but I just received my E-M1 after about three weeks. Unfortunately it needs to straight back to Olympus with that sticky rear dial issue.

I also read in the Olympus cash back fineprint that you should allow up to 12 weeks to receive your money![/QUOTE]

That's to cover their buts. In the email they sent says to allow up to six weeks, so we shall see. To be fair, it is "cash back" & they would need the payments from the retailers (& wholesale buying groups) for it to be a "cash back" & the usual thing with payments like these is, what is ordered this month gets paid to Olympus by the end of next month (assuming that is the policy), hence the long wait for us.

thelaxong

Mu-43 user
Bought an E-PM2 in the first week of May. In my email of confirmation it said: "Once your claim has been approved by the promotions team please allow up to 12 weeks for the payment of your claim."

The 6 weeks may only applied to the OMD EM-1 ?!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom