1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

For Australian Buyers

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by OzRay, May 10, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  2. sircam1

sircam1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up OzRay. Ordered myself the 25mm. Couldn't justify full price, but at AUD354 (once add Olympus rebate, couldn't pass it up. Now if I can just sell off the rest of my Canon gear to fund EM-1 + 12-40.

3. dechoder

dechoder Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    Me too.. I wanted the 17mm but couldn't justify the cost (even after discount and cash back) so got the 25mm instead!

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I couldn't get the E-M1 (body) quick enough after the cash back offer started (on the 28th April) plus the OK from my wife & got it from CamBuy. I recommend them for being one of the best for prices & great friendly service.

5. dechoder

dechoder Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    For anyone interested in the E-M10, Bing Lee (of all places) has the body + kit lens for AUD$799 til Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ross the fiddler

That is a good price!

7. dechoder

dechoder Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    Yup! Just picked one up for myself :biggrin:

8. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    Excellent timing. I went in to DigiDirect to buy the 25/1.8 when the rebate was announced, but no stock ... :frown:

A week later a friend tells me about the sale on the Sunday afternoon - too late to go to the store, but not too late to order at the nicer price through the website. :smile:

Thank you DigiDirect for being out of stock the first time I tried. And thank you Michaels and Teds for being more expensive than DigiDirect's normal price so I wasn't tempted to try them. :biggrin:

9. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Yeah, Michaels and Teds have to be the most expensive around, I've bought just about everything I have from DigiDirect, mainly when it used to be Camera Action.

10. Ross the fiddler

I didn't realise they took it over (or changed their name), but I have bought something in the past from Camera Action (online) & later from DigiDirect (in Sydney) when I got the E-M5 kit. I noticed they have the E-M1 body at a good price but all else is dearer than where I have bought various items from since (CamBuy) with even better prices & excellent friendly service. What I don't like is when DigiDirect over-inflates the RR price in their advertising, stating the E-M1 body was $1799 when it was never that high & at $1599. It's dishonest advertising as far as I'm concerned.

11. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    One thing DigiDirect is always willing to do is bargain with prices, Teds especially seems locked in no matter what others are offering. I'm not sure why they are providing a recommend price that doesn't reflect the Olympus website price, and I've seen it shown lower on their site. Taking the cash back offer, their price is $1299, so the figures are all screwed up on the web site.

12. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    But Teds offer an official price-matching scheme through their website, don't they? I actually used it once for a camera bag. The price to match cannot be a grey import item, of course.

13. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    You could be right, but the few times I've tried to deal with them, it hasn't been a pleasant experience. They just seem extremely arrogant, at least the times I've tried to deal with them (the Melbourne store anyway). DigiDirect was always pretty good, an absolute cluster of a store compared to the layout of Teds and Michaels, but a better experience. They also had some avid Olympus users (Camera Action), so it was great to talk to them and they gave good deals to boot. Not sure if the same people are there anymore.

14. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Yes, here it is: http://www.teds.com.au/teds-info/price-promise/

It worked fine for me. Note that they say it is only online, not through stores, so don't ask store staff to price match.

A nice advantage is that after getting a match, one can have it delivered to the local store for pickup (prepaid), so I actually saved on shipping from the alternative outlet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    There does appear to be a fair few caveats, but that's how many do business. When my E-5 was lost, the insurance company said that they could get a quote for me and I said fine, but in the meantime did my own research. When I got back to the insurance company they had a price from Teds (can't remember exactly what it was), but when I gave them the DigiDirect price, I could hear their jaw drop. Naturally they were happy for me to go through DigiDirect. When dealing with DigiDirect, I called them first, then emailed them the details and paid by card over the phone once everything was confirmed; they even ended up giving me free postage via courier when I confirmed the deal. DigiDirect knew it was an insurance claim, but didn't raise the price regardless. I'm also certain they will beat anyone else's prices if given the chance (Melbourne store anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Arg
    Teds is notorious and they can refuse if the price is too low . They refused to match price for Oly 75 mm when camerapro was selling it for AUD799 and Teds Price was AUD999

• Like Like x 1
  17. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
  18. Wow, that's $20 cheaper again than the digidirect price. It seemed that digidirect was struggling to fill orders but I just received my E-M1 after about three weeks. Unfortunately it needs to straight back to Olympus with that sticky rear dial issue.

I also read in the Olympus cash back fineprint that you should allow up to 12 weeks to receive your money!

19. Ross the fiddler

20. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Bought an E-PM2 in the first week of May. In my email of confirmation it said: "Once your claim has been approved by the promotions team please allow up to 12 weeks for the payment of your claim."

The 6 weeks may only applied to the OMD EM-1 ?!