Food Shots

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by drumsfield, Feb 22, 2011.

1. drumsfield

drumsfield New to Mu-43

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi I'm new here. Just got my Pen E-P2 last week and my 20mm 1.7 today. One of my hobbies when I go out to eat is to take shots of food. I picked it up from my wife's cousin who was an avid traveler. It's hard to take my DSLR out everywhere and my small point and shoot camera could never do the food justice. Here are some of my first food shots with my E-P2 and the 14-42mm kit lens.

These shots were taken at a local favorite Chinese restaurant that serves some of the best noodle dishes in the area. The dish I absolutely love there is the pan fried dumpling.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Ohh man. If can only smell the aroma of sesame oil and five spice in that beef noodle soup, I'd be there in a jiffy...
  3. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Yay for food shots!

Here's a picture of the dinner I made last New Year's Eve. On the menu was rack of lamb and lamb chops, pasta and tossed salad. The photo was taken with my EP-1 and the Oly 9-18mm zoom.

The dessert picture was taken at a Red Lobster a couple of weeks ago with my GF1 and the Pany 20mm.

4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
  5. aznmochamike

aznmochamike Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    One of the main reasons I bought the 20/1.7 is to take photos of food. Here are some of mine:

• Like Like x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

You guys are making my mouth water - and welcome to the forum drumsfield.
  8. petach

petach Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    British grub, traditional bacon sandwich! Taken with a GF2 and 14mm pancake lens

• Like Like x 1