1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Follow up User Review of the OMD with the Panny 20mm at San Diego Comic Con

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by 13thFloorPhotography, Jul 24, 2013.

1. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles

Attached Files:

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You got some great shots. It really is a sharp little lens - I ended up replacing it with the 25 simply because I wanted a faster lens for indoor shots. Thanks for the review. :cool:

3. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Revbob, I agree with you completely. I love my 25mm to pieces but the front lens element got damaged before Comic Con (That's what happens when you let a friend borrow it =) ). I needed something wide but not too wide. The extra stop of light would have definitely come in handy

4. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    (1) Your shots are super and love the B&W treatment.
    (2) Don't understand your comments, and the other poster, about needing/wanting a "faster lens". One lens is f1.4 and the other is f1.7 - not even 1/2 a stop difference as far as lens aperture. Now if you are talking AF speed indoors of the 45mm vs the Pana 20mm, that I can understand. One of the reasons I gave up on the 20mm (used it on EP1, EP2 and EM5) was the slow indoor AF speed.

5. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thank you Swandy hehe. I must admit, it was a matter of wanting rather than needing. The 20mm is more than adequate, but you are right about the autofocus. Definitely wanted something with faster autofocus.