Follow up User Review of the OMD with the Panny 20mm at San Diego Comic Con

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by 13thFloorPhotography, Jul 24, 2013.

1. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles

Attached Files:

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You got some great shots. It really is a sharp little lens - I ended up replacing it with the 25 simply because I wanted a faster lens for indoor shots. Thanks for the review. :cool:

3. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Revbob, I agree with you completely. I love my 25mm to pieces but the front lens element got damaged before Comic Con (That's what happens when you let a friend borrow it =) ). I needed something wide but not too wide. The extra stop of light would have definitely come in handy

4. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    (1) Your shots are super and love the B&W treatment.
    (2) Don't understand your comments, and the other poster, about needing/wanting a "faster lens". One lens is f1.4 and the other is f1.7 - not even 1/2 a stop difference as far as lens aperture. Now if you are talking AF speed indoors of the 45mm vs the Pana 20mm, that I can understand. One of the reasons I gave up on the 20mm (used it on EP1, EP2 and EM5) was the slow indoor AF speed.

5. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thank you Swandy hehe. I must admit, it was a matter of wanting rather than needing. The 20mm is more than adequate, but you are right about the autofocus. Definitely wanted something with faster autofocus.