Follow focus rings

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by hit_and_misanthrope, Mar 7, 2014.

1. hit_and_misanthrope

hit_and_misanthrope Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Any advice on good quality, cheap follow focus gears for micro 4/3 lenses? I need them for the Oly 17mm f1.8, as well as the Oly 12-40 f2.8. My follow focus is the RT motion wireless system. (It's for our Epic rig, but I want to use a modified version of it with a GX7 we have acquired.) I realize the auto focus is very good, but we are shooting a 70's-set 16mm-look, and I don't want to see any electronic-looking autofocus. Since we have the wireless, I figure, why not use it?

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Are you looking for a custom fit ring or a generic one? I am not aware of one specific for those lenses. I have seen the redrock and the cinevate adjustable fit rings and both were good quality. A friend of mine tried some of the cheap ebay made in China ones and they sucked. One broke the first time he used it and the other one slipped a bit.

On a side note let us know how that wireless follow focus works out.

3. hit_and_misanthrope

hit_and_misanthrope Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Thanks, the Cinevate offerings look great! I'll post again when I get things up and running.
    Cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.