'Foggy' morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mellow, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Well, actually the only thing that was foggy was my lens . . . that's what happens when you take your camera from an air-conditioned room into the humid outdoors.

Regardless, I sort of like the photo!
    marina-foggy.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Similar problems occur in cold weather climes going from the outside cold to the warm inside. A zip lock bag (or equal) will resolve this problem, just wait for the bag/camera temp to match the environmental temp.

Gary

PS- interesting look on the water.
    G

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    You beat me Gary!! Here I thought I was smart :^(

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Thanks for the tip about the bag. Usually I just wait about 5 minutes and it all clears up:

marina-nofoggy.jpg

Of course those 5 minutes were pretty important, as the sun rose and the sky became brighter and less orange.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I like the foggy one, kind of Turneresque.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    The problem with the waiting five minutes method is the moisture will start to minutely condensate inside the lens eventually/often/sometimes leading to fungus (don't know a lot about camera/lens fungus).

G

7. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Thanks, that's a good warning. I always store the camera/lens in a dry box with desiccant, so hopefully that will eventually eliminate any residual moisture.

But next time I'll use a plastic bag, that's a great idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.