Focusing peaking not working for non native lenses on EM-5 II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mannukiddo, Mar 6, 2016.

1. mannukiddo

mannukiddo Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    India
    I tried to use the Nikon 55 3.5 macro lens on my EM-5 II body today but could not get the peaking to work. The same worked fine with peaking on my GX-7. Peaking works fine with native m43 lenses on my EM-5 II. So what am I not doing right? How do I enable peaking with non native lenses on my EM-5 II?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Can't do this automatically, unfortunately. With manual lenses peaking won't come on automatically, you have to enable it with a function button.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. mannukiddo

mannukiddo Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    India
    Thanks, I was able to program the function 2 button for focus peaking and this works now. But seriously I prefer what Panasonic has done and enabled it for all lenses from the menu itself. Looks more like an after thought in case of Olympus.

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I can see merit with either, often I find permanent peaking too distracting.

5. mannukiddo

mannukiddo Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    India
    I agree, but I would rather have the feature enabled from the menu and have the option of disabling via a button if not needed rather than enabling it only via a program function button.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    It's pretty much the same thing, only your toggling in reverse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.