1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Focusing issue with E-M5 and 12-40 f/2.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Mercurio, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    The following image was captured with an E-M5 and an Oly 12-40 f/2.8, at 21mm., f/4 and 1/1000. The small red square displays the focusing point, even though the faces are clearly out of focus contrary to the background, that is clearly in focus.

My questions are: Why the camera didn't use the face recognition and priority to the eye for focusing? Why the subject is out of focus even though the focusing point shows the hand that is holding the camera as it´s target?

Thanks for your advise.

Foco%20con%2075-150_zpsemqujyvi.

2. Did you focus elsewhere and then recompose? The camera will save to the file which focus point was used, not specifically what object that it focused on. If there is a delay and movement of the camera between focus acquisition and shutter release, the these two points may not coincide.

For the camera to use face detection the function must be enabled and the camera must be able to recognise a face. Most times it will work, sometimes it won't.

3. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    Thank you for your kind answer. I can't remember if I recomposed, but I will take it into account for future images.