Focus stacking in OM-10 mk l and ll

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
I'm not having much luck lately:dash2::dash2:

First up I can't get ACR or DNG to recognise ORF files in the mkll (DXO and ACDsee does) and now I can't obtain focus stacking in either camera with the 60 2.8 macro mounted. I've followed the menu instructions to the letter but both cameras show only bracketing but no in camera stacking. Should the lens be automatically recognised or do I somehow have to register it to the cameras? What am I missing?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Only the EM1 has in camera stacking, others bracketing only. Plus only some Pro lenses are stacking compatable

I thought that may be the case as "stacking" isn't mentioned in the manual. It was this that threw me off: How to use Focus Stacking and Bracketing with Olympus Micro 4/3 Cameras By Peter Baumgarten – Steve Huff Photo
quote "
The following Olympus cameras have built-in focus bracketing and focus stacking.

OMD E-M1 Mark II
OMD E-M1 (firmware version 4.0)
OMD E-M5 Mark II (firmware version 2.0)
OMD E-M10 Mark II
PEN-F

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
I thought that may be the case as "stacking" isn't mentioned in the manual. It was this that threw me off: How to use Focus Stacking and Bracketing with Olympus Micro 4/3 Cameras By Peter Baumgarten – Steve Huff Photo
quote "
The following Olympus cameras have built-in focus bracketing and focus stacking.

OMD E-M1 Mark II
OMD E-M1 (firmware version 4.0)
OMD E-M5 Mark II (firmware version 2.0)
OMD E-M10 Mark II
PEN-F
There seems to be some confusion with the stacking hopefully they will extend it to other models as well in the future.

R

RB61

There seems to be some confusion with the stacking hopefully they will extend it to other models as well in the future.
I think someone answered this question for me on a forum somewhere. He stated that the images for stacking can be created on the 10 MKII, but 3rd party software is needed to assemble them.

I hope we hear from a definitive source on this subject.

Latest threads

Top Bottom