1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Focus Point E-P5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by stephen99, Jul 20, 2013.

1. stephen99

stephen99 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    This is my first Olympus camera so I am not familiar with the controls. I want to have a fixed focus point in the middle of the screen. I chose this as my home position in the Set Home menu of the AF/MF menu but when I half press the shutter button the focus indicator will generally appear at this position but not always. It may show up anywhere on the screen as though the camera is deciding what to focus on instead of me. How to fix this?

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    While shooting, press the OK button, to down to the face icon and set Face Priority to off.

3. stephen99

stephen99 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Thanks, Mark. I do have Face Priority turned off but the green square still seems to have a mind of its own.

4. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    While shooting
    Press LEFT on the circle-pad
    Press INFO
    Press DOWN to one of the options that does not light the entire grid green

5. stephen99

stephen99 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Excellent! That got it. Many thanks. I swear I read the manual but couldn't find this. Is it in there somewhere?

6. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    Probably not, the manual is pretty scant in details. There are a handful of icons in the menu I don't understand and the manual doesn't explain.

7. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Olympus manuals are far from the best ones written. Not the worst I have ever seen but no where near the best. The newest Fuji manuals are very good however.