1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Focus Peaking on e-pm2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jim Bennett, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jim Bennett

Jim Bennett Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 26, 2013
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Jim Bennett
    Hi,

Does anyone use the below "hack" on the e-pm2? I am stuck on step 2. When I go look for Reset/Myset, there is nothing there. It will show up if I go to A mode however, but not while in iArt mode with keyfilter set.

I compiled the tips from 43rumors.com comments box, thanks to user Lucio for this. Credit goes to him. This method, no need to use raw+jpeg
    1. Go to Menu 1, set Picture mode to Art Filter 11, set Type to II
    2. Go to Reset/Myset, choose Myset1, then Set
    3. Change back to your normal shooting modeā€¦ (P, A, S, M)
    4. Go to Settings > Button Dial > Button Function. Set Fn1 function to Myset1
    5. Try it out. When you need to focus peak, just hold the Fn1 button and focus. Release to return to normal mode, then shoot.
    Finally, a usable focus peaking in Olympus

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim Bennett

Jim Bennett Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 26, 2013
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Jim Bennett
    According to the manual myset is only available in P,A,S,or M modes. So that answers that. :)

I did realize though that it's possible to turn on key filter while in A mode , and assign it to a myset and I'll be darned , instant on demand focus peaking ! Pretty cool!

3. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    Double post. :)

4. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    Tried this on my E-PL6 and it works! Very useful! Thanks!

5. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    I don't find the fake focus peaking is worth it. The evf just lags too much. Hope that Olympus will give us better focus peaking in a firmware update or their next model.

6. Jim Bennett

Jim Bennett Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 26, 2013
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Jim Bennett
    Its fun to play around with and works well in some situations but not all. Sometimes I find just using the 10x magnifier works better. I like to have it as an option either way.

Sent from my XT1058 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I found the actual focus peaking on the E-M1 to cause the EVF to lag a bit as well actually. In my opinion, Olympus's implementation of FP so far is poor in comparison to Sony's, Magic Lantern's (which I used on the 5DII) and Fuji's (which I use on my X100S). I haven't tried it on the EM10 though so maybe it has improved.