1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Focus Magnify on EP3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Christilou, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I recently bought an EP3 and I've rediscovered my Konica Hex lenses, however, I can't remember how to get the magnified view for manual focus. I need to get a little green box to display on the LCD but although I managed to do this before, I can't seem to do it now! This probably requires a really simple answer so could someone please put me out of my misery? BTW, pressing the magnify button doesn't work. When using my Zuiko 50mm lens with the adapter, the view magnifies the moment I touch the focus ring but this doesn't happen with the Hex.

2. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    It won't auto-magnify whenever you touch the focus ring because there is no electronic connection between the lens and the body. You should be able to manually press the magnification button though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, touching the focus ring won't work because of what Billy said. This will only work with all Micro Four-Thirds and Four-Thirds lenses.

However, the magnify button should work to bring up the green focus box. The only way it shouldn't would be if you re-programmed it to another function, as most of your buttons are customizable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Thanks for your replies. I realized what I was doing wrong in the end. I needed to hit the magnify button twice to get the little green box up and then again to magnify! Easy when you know how :)