Focus magnification range on my E-P5 ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Minniesmum, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I'm used to using the magnify focus assist on the E-PM2 for legacy lenses, and from the manual for my new ( to me ) E-P5, it should work the same. However, the mag range on the E-P5 appears to be fixed at 2.5- 7 X. I know there must be a way of changing this to extend to X 14, but so far not been able to work it out. Any ideas ?

2. If you press the magnify button on the back the rear screen displays a small green box, which shows the magnification window. You can then use the scroll wheels to increase magnification down to x14.

3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    thanks but I did that as I've done on my previous Oly bodies but the mag range was X 2.5- 7. Hadn't got to the bottom of it so decided to do a Full Reset- this has restored the default to X 10 and I can now change the mag to X 14. I'd rather have figured out what I'd done wrong regards settings as to why the range was half what it should have been, but as was unable to a Reset was the only option. Sorted. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.