1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Focus Assist button on E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Woflox, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Woflox

Woflox New to Mu-43

Feb 10, 2013
    Hi all. This is my first post on the forums. I recently acquired some legacy glass for my E-PM1. I know that it's possible to assign the record button to "magnify", but I'm wondering if there's any way to assign this to one of the dial buttons? My > button is currently assigned to flash (which I don't have) and I wanted to re-assign it, but the option for magnify doesn't seem to be there...

If this can't be done, is there a way to start recording a movie in M or A mode without pressing the record button? I would like to be able to use focus assist prior to starting to record when I am doing video. If I am in M mode, and then I go into the mode select and select video, am I now in M video mode or some kind of automatic video mode?

Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Woflox

Woflox New to Mu-43

Feb 10, 2013
    After further investigation, in video mode it's easy to switch between the different exposure modes. However, the "magnify" function doesn't seem to work in video mode. A bit of a drag... but I guess I can always switch modes to focus and then switch back if I need to. If any one knows of a better way of doing manual focus in video mode (without EVF) let me know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.