Focus Assist button on E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Woflox, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Woflox

Woflox New to Mu-43

Feb 10, 2013
    Hi all. This is my first post on the forums. I recently acquired some legacy glass for my E-PM1. I know that it's possible to assign the record button to "magnify", but I'm wondering if there's any way to assign this to one of the dial buttons? My > button is currently assigned to flash (which I don't have) and I wanted to re-assign it, but the option for magnify doesn't seem to be there...

If this can't be done, is there a way to start recording a movie in M or A mode without pressing the record button? I would like to be able to use focus assist prior to starting to record when I am doing video. If I am in M mode, and then I go into the mode select and select video, am I now in M video mode or some kind of automatic video mode?

Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Woflox

Woflox New to Mu-43

Feb 10, 2013
    After further investigation, in video mode it's easy to switch between the different exposure modes. However, the "magnify" function doesn't seem to work in video mode. A bit of a drag... but I guess I can always switch modes to focus and then switch back if I need to. If any one knows of a better way of doing manual focus in video mode (without EVF) let me know.