Focal Reducer less than x0.7 for Olympus

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TheMenWhoDrawSheeps, Jun 15, 2016.

1. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

TheMenWhoDrawSheeps Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    Hi guys,

Does anyone have any news/rumours about focal reducers beyond x0.7?

Metabones x0.64 EF/µ43 seems to be one and only, which is still unusable on OLY cameras, and actually way overprized.

If no, is there anything better than Lens Turbo ii for mft? Baveyes, seems bit wider, but lacks IQ, and i haven’t seen any mft mount yet.

I have ~20 mediocore-good/modified lenses, M42/OM/YC/PK/FD/Minolta. EF would cover, anything but FD/Minolta.
    Also - what is max lens Depth for Lens Turbo ii? - I have T/S Adapter from Mirex, and it has max depth of 8mm - I expect due to glass focal reducer would have some similar restriction.

Thank you!
  2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    From the Metabone FAQ:

Why don't we have a 0.5x MFT Speed Booster® for Micro Four Thirds?

With the amount of available room prescribed by the MFT mount, 0.71x is the lowest we can go while maintaining compatibility with the broadest range of MFT cameras. Our MFT Speed Booster® XL 0.64x has a protruding rear element which does not fit every MFT camera and it is the the lowest we can go without compromising image quality.

So I doubt we'll see anything much better in the near future. The Lens Turbo ii is a good one, I do not know of anything better in the same price range.
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    It's very overprized, anyone who has one recognizes how good they are and you will have to pry it out of their cold dead hands...

Overpriced less so, you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. None of the other options can match the Metabones performance currently, the cost premium pays for this performance.