1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flowing Fields

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Robert Watcher, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Strong winds caused the grain fields to look like flowing ripples on a lake. It was an amazing site. I pulled out my Olympus E-PL1 and shots sections of 3 different fields on my way home. The wind was very strong and the biting cold temperature, made it a challenge to stand steady out in the elements handholding the camera while filming.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bI1UPwYUk"]YouTube - Flowing Fields[/ame]

2. I was saying to my wife Anne this morning, something along the lines that video allows me to capture things I never could if I only had my stills camera with me. If I hadn't had my E-PL1 with its video features with me last night while driving around, I wouldn't have bothered stopping and shooting when we noticed this phenomenon out the side of our eyes.

I did have my E-3 (with 12-60) with me and because I had stopped the car and was getting out anyway - managed to take 2 shots with it before shooting the video - - - however the still images while interesting, cannot capture what is going on in the same way that video can - and would not allow the viewer to get a sense of the experience we were taking in, the way the video does:

12767945556789_flowingfieldspic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.