1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flowing Fields

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Robert Watcher, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Strong winds caused the grain fields to look like flowing ripples on a lake. It was an amazing site. I pulled out my Olympus E-PL1 and shots sections of 3 different fields on my way home. The wind was very strong and the biting cold temperature, made it a challenge to stand steady out in the elements handholding the camera while filming.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bI1UPwYUk"]YouTube - Flowing Fields[/ame]

2. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I was saying to my wife Anne this morning, something along the lines that video allows me to capture things I never could if I only had my stills camera with me. If I hadn't had my E-PL1 with its video features with me last night while driving around, I wouldn't have bothered stopping and shooting when we noticed this phenomenon out the side of our eyes.

I did have my E-3 (with 12-60) with me and because I had stopped the car and was getting out anyway - managed to take 2 shots with it before shooting the video - - - however the still images while interesting, cannot capture what is going on in the same way that video can - and would not allow the viewer to get a sense of the experience we were taking in, the way the video does:

12767945556789_flowingfieldspic.jpg