Flowers

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
I can’t say I’ve ever noticed even the slightest amount of chromatic aberration on my 12-100 Olympus. Everything you’ve described @L0n3Gr3yW0lf sounds pretty extreme...you must’ve surely had a bad copy? I’ve never even heard a single reviewer fault this lens for anything, much less what you’ve described. Interesting. Anyway, lovely images with the Tamron!
I would like very kindly to apologize for a huge mistake that I just realized I've made. My statement has been exaggerated by the fact that I keep forgetting that this issue is compounded by my glasses. Please let me explain:
I require glasses to see anything beyond 30 cm with clarity, I have -3.5 diopters on my both eyes with spherical aberration defects on both my eyes. Thus I require some very strong corrections, to the effect that both pairs of glasses that I have to give me significant barrel distortion at the edge of my vision (I can turn a door into a barrel if I look at it with the edge of my vision) but also my glasses suffer from very strong blue/yellow chromatic aberration. It is so intense that anything with contrast turns up with a strong blue line below the center of my eye sight and yellow above.
And it is a fact that I keep forgetting and whenever I edit pictures those effects are applied to the pictures even after editing, in effect making any image quality defect even more frustrating to deal with.

With contact lenses, I don't have that issue but one day a week I have to wear glasses and for some period of the last year and a half I could not afford contact lenses either.
So my center apologies to everyone because I have made some statements that do not reflect very accurately the truth because of my forgetfulness and my bloody bad eyesight ... after 26 years of wearing glasses they still piss me off.

Mountain_Man_79

Brannigan’s Law is like Brannigan’s love
Real Name
Chris
No need to apologize, and I don’t believe you made an error at all...there appears to be a fair amount of CA in that first picture, and I’m quite surprised actually at how rough that looks. The last HR image looks fine to me, and I’m not seeing anything, but I have crappy eyes too.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eupatorum macrolatum & Eriocapitella hupehensis,
more commonly known as Joe Pye Weed and Japanese Anemone.
View attachment 907188

Can anyone enlighten me of who Joe Pye was please?
According to Wiki, the plant is originally from the USA and here is a direct copy from Wikipedia -

"Joe Pye, an Indian healer from New England, used E. purpureum to treat a variety of ailments, which led to the name Joe-Pye weed for these plants.[10] Folklore says that Joe Pye used this plant to cure fevers. Folklore also states that American colonists used this plant to treat typhus outbreaks.[11] The author Hemmerly writes that the Indians used Joe Pye Weed in the treatment of kidney stones and other urinary tract ailments.[12] A peer-reviewed study suggests that Joe Pye of plant fame was a Mohican sachem named Schauquethqueat who lived in the mission town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts from c. 1740 to c. 1785 and who took as his Christian name, Joseph Pye.[13]"

Hope that helps
Keith

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
EM5X0432c.NL2.WaterlilyKalaPark.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
A red rose.

_5107618_DxOdcLM.jpg

Just a few from my garden today.

Lovely white hellebore.

P9120001 White hellebore.jpg
P9120002 Mauve and yellow pansy.jpg
P9120003 Blue frilled pansy.jpg

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
flo-1.jpg

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
20210913-P1033894.jpg

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P9098702.1.JPG

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Break through

20127611lca.jpg

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P9198726.1.JPG

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P9198762.1.JPG

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P9198758.1.JPG

Barking

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jeff
1000980~2-01.jpeg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom