Flowers, Fox and Food

Anderle

Mu-43 Regular
Last Saturday we went out on a hike, i was a little grumpy but my wife insisted to go out - normally it´s the other way round.

The weather was great, completely different to the forcast, so i took the 75 1.8 on my PEN-F with me, an old Olympus Macro Conversion Lens (f=40 cm) MCON-40 and the 40-150 with me.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

there were so much great flowers on our path:

so it took much longer than expected, but then there was a very bad smell! (later more)
a few meters on our path, i heard a little rustling just by the way - a young fox just 2 meters next to us

he came out of his hole 5-6 times, just curious to look at us, normally here the foxes are pretty shy, on that path there are only a few people during the week

one minute later we saw the second sibling through the branches:

and after that picture they were gone

then we had a little time to look around there home and were pretty surprised to find that:

it was a pretty old chamois, a fox cannot hunt it, maybe it died in an avalanche or by infirmity

later we saw a lots of them playing in the snow (bad quality - with 2x digital zoom)

one more dead animal on our way ;-)

and this was the end of our day at home - Kaiserschmarrn with Erdbeeren

Anderle

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2 days ago we came with some friends again the same way, but unfortunatelly the foxes were not in the mood to give us a show, but i was curious and looked with caution a little bit around the place - its a little graveyard around their caves

sorry - its a little disturbing, but i like the small butterflie on the bones, just realized at home looking at the pictures

this one is a deer, according the hairs around

if the weather is good this week i will maybe go there early in the morning (the problem is it takes about 1 1/2 h walk) to watch them and i only have the slow 40-150, lets see if i can get up so early
and if the horn of the chamois is still there, maybe i take it as a trophy with me ;-)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom