1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flixel Cinemagraph pro 85% off from Mac app store

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by GFFPhoto, Jun 3, 2014.

1. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    They won a WWDC design award, so its discounted from the app store only. Normally $199, now $24.99 if you buy through the app store (buying through their website is still at $199)
    https://flixel.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Baltimore, MD
    No idea how I'll use this, but bought it anyway. ;) 

3. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    same here

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    guilio uses it to make animated portraits

5. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Interesting but kind of eerie.

6. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Top Veteran

I find these animated photographs leave me cold. Quite gimmicky. Each to their own I guess. I'm sure more and more people will be doing it.

7. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I know WHAT it does, I just don't know when I'll use it.... But at 24.99, I guess I can buy it for the occasional novelty photo :smile:

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'd definitely recommend trialling the software first. I did and found that it was so slow on my machine that it was unusable. 2009 iMac with 8GB RAM. I have no problems running Lightroom 5 and Capture One Pro 7. So Cinemagraph Pro is fairly demanding. The recommended specs are on the Flixel web site.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.