1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

flipbac on em5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by weeowee, May 18, 2012.

1. weeowee

weeowee Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2012
    * nevermind i can already imagine it and it looks weird. =)

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I don't have an E-M5, but I'm not feeling it with your idea to add the Flipbac G4.
    G4-top-view-dimensions.

First, I'm not certain there's a flat area 27mm wide on the front of the E-M5 where this would fit. Second, I'm not sure how well this would adhere to the textured body. Third, I just don't see how this thing would improve the ergonomics of the camera. Fourth, the E-M5 is so pretty, I'd hate to adulturate it with this thing.

EDIT: Looks like you came to a similar conclusion while I was typing my response.

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    The Flipbac G4 was a game changer for me on the E-PM1. But I agree it wouldn't fit so well on the E-M5, at least based on the pictures I've seen of that camera.

If a need is identified for an improved gripping surface on the E-M5, I'm betting that Flipbac and Richard Franiec will have some good products designed, manufactured and brought to market in no time flat. Great that we have small firms that are much more nimble than the elephants selling the cameras!

4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I hope someone does make an add/stick-on grip for the EM5. I could definitely use something bigger that doesn't cost $300.

• Like Like x 1