1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Flipbac Grip on Olympus Cameras

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by KerryM, Sep 6, 2011.

1. KerryM

KerryM New to Mu-43

Sep 6, 2011
    Hello,

I first tried the Richard Franiec Grip on my Canon S90. However, Recently I tried the Flipbac Grip on my Oly XZ-1. I have found the Flipbac Grip to be much better value at $10 versus $35 for the Richard Franiec Grip. The RG grip is good but too expensive.

The Flipbac Grip looks good, and feels better. Plus if I get another camera in the future (highly likely) I can transfer it to that camera because it flexes to the shape.

The Flipbac website shows pictures of the grip on the new EP's. Curious if anyone has tried the FB grip on a EP?

Flipbac Camera Grips - Chose your style.

LCD Protector and Angle Viewfinder for Digital Cameras - FLIPBAC INNOVATIONS

My 2 bits
    Kerry

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Do like the LCD Protector/Angle Viewfinder... once I actually get hold of my PEN 3 I will see if I need this.

Wormwood

3. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Is there any way to report spam?

4. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Whoops - didn't realise that it was spam... I actually found it slightly useful as the whole mirror option might work for me and was thinking of getting one for my dad's P&S.

At lest it isn't WoW gold.

Wormwood

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Done

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Not totally spam as it is, well, applicable. I use a flipbac lcd cover on my k-5, love it. I don't think it would be great for a camera where you're dedicated to using the lcd (or have a rotating lcd), but it is nice protection. As to the grips, well, Richard's are obviously a lot nicer, but it is a free market isn't it?

7. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    It may or may not be a good product, but it's "spamish" in the sense that the poster joined today and their first and only post is this one. She writes as if she's a happy customer, but I'd hazard a guess that she's actually a paid barker. That's what makes it spam.

8. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

One man's spam is another's very much appreciated heads up. Thank you. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I can agree with spam-ish! Definitely some attributes. There was a guy over at PF that constantly sounded spamish, but always ended up sticking around in the threads...some people are just overly enthusiastic!

10. KerryM

KerryM New to Mu-43

Sep 6, 2011
    It isnt Spam

Hi All,

I understand the comments that my post appears as spamish. Maybe too I am overly enthusiastic about the Flipbac Grips. However I am always surprised at the almost reverence for the Franiec Grips. In the end they are both just stick on grips. They do both improve the handling of cameras.

I have tried both. This is a heads up for people considering adding a grip to your camera. I think the cost of $13 delivered to my house versus $40 delivered to my house is a is an issue worth considering.

11. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I actually bought one and put on my E-P1. Slapped it on top of the grip already there. it seemed to help as far as having more grip. In all honesty, I wish it was a little longer, thicker, and wider.

• Like Like x 1
  12. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Hi Djarum I'm glad I finally found someone who has used the Flipbac on the E-P1. Can you post pictures? I am very interested in purchasing one as well for myE-P. Any other thoughts on handling would be appreciated.

Also, which version of the Flipbac grip did you bu for he E-P?

Thanks!

Penfan2010

13. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    It's nice to have choices. I got the flipbac grip for my wife's XZ-1 - works a charm. I had Richard's grip on my G9 and it is worth every penny as well. I personally don't like the extra logos on the flipbac - wouldn't put it on my E-P3 (but then, I have no grip on that!).

As I say...nice to have choices. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1