Flipbac G2 Grip on Olympus E-PM1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dede, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Dede

Dede Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011

I recently ordered a Olympus E-PM1 and the mentioned Flipbac G2 Grip for my Olympus E-PM1, and they should arrive tommorrow or in a couple days. My question is now, whether anyone has used the G2 Grip before, and how you put it on? And if even more important: Where do I put the Grip on?! On their website they show it like a little bit apart from the side, but wouldn't it be better to stick it completly to the side? (If you know what I want to express ...)
    If someone has any experience with the Flipbac Grips posts would be highly appreciated, because I couldn't really find a lot on the Internet :)

Heres the website: Camera Grips - FLIPBAC INNOVATIONS

Thanks so much in advance
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I have the PM1 and the G1 grip. The grip comes with a paper back you peel off, and then it's glue underneath. Just stick it wherever you want. As a practical concern, you need to stick it as far out to the edge as possible. Otherwise your hand will be jammed uncomfortably between it and large lenses (45-200 in my case).
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dede

Dede Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks for the awnser, glad to hear someone else has that grip with the PM1. How's the handling with the grip and big lenses, is it actually comfortable?

Thanks in advance
  4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have all three of the grips.. came as a package.. 19.95.. I have yet to STICK one on my EPL3 but tempted.. sheesh.. just worried about it sticking on so hard that I can't get it off without harming finish of Camera.. anyone tried removing one? :smile:
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    I bought the three pack, and found the G2 to be the best one for me to use on the Mini. I put it all the way to the very edge of the body. Unfortunately, it still didn't work very well for me, because I need the grip to be a bit thicker.

I had it on the Mini for about 48 hours, before I removed it. No damage.
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I got a flipbac and a Franiac, tried them both by moving them around on the camera, and decided to go with the Franiac. It's a thicker grip so it gives you more to hang on to, and it mounts farther outboard so it works very well even with the fattest lenses like the 25mm and the 100-300. The flipbac almost looked like you'd be better off trying to trim back the outside edge a bit so it can mount farther out.