1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flip LCD?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RobWatson, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Been working on a copy stand lately and it sure would be nice to be able to have the LCD diplay rotate the contents ... I'm getting tired of reading upside down. Even with a LCD that can be moved about sometimes a flip or mirror would come in handy.

2. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
  3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I have one, posted a pic somewhere here. First of all, it works. It's basically a viewfinder, and remote trigger. Colour is off, definition limited but who'd use it for critical MF?
    Great so far on a tall pole for panoramas. I haven't tried it yet for sports on crazy/dangerous perspectives but don't see why it wouldn't work. I guess I'll use it first under an autogyro, blimp or light aircraft.

4. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Cool! I mainly want it for those weird camrea angles I always use, like low to the ground, so that I don't have t get on my knees.

There's also a more expensive one, around $260, that has a higher def screen and wireless remote trigger. Not sure which, if any, I'm going to get. May save the money and buy an E-PL3.

5. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Hey, here it is.

Btw, it is the more expensive model you quoted. Well, if it hadn't the RC feature, I would have been content with a Pana G1 instead. For long-time Olympus users, different thing: this model would also work on several Olympus E 4/3 SLR.

Punctured_tubeless.

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I just wanted a software/firmware update to turn the image upside down on the LCD. Nothing fancy.