1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flip LCD?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RobWatson, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Been working on a copy stand lately and it sure would be nice to be able to have the LCD diplay rotate the contents ... I'm getting tired of reading upside down. Even with a LCD that can be moved about sometimes a flip or mirror would come in handy.

2. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

May 18, 2011
  3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I have one, posted a pic somewhere here. First of all, it works. It's basically a viewfinder, and remote trigger. Colour is off, definition limited but who'd use it for critical MF?
    Great so far on a tall pole for panoramas. I haven't tried it yet for sports on crazy/dangerous perspectives but don't see why it wouldn't work. I guess I'll use it first under an autogyro, blimp or light aircraft.

4. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

May 18, 2011
    Cool! I mainly want it for those weird camrea angles I always use, like low to the ground, so that I don't have t get on my knees.

There's also a more expensive one, around $260, that has a higher def screen and wireless remote trigger. Not sure which, if any, I'm going to get. May save the money and buy an E-PL3.

5. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Hey, here it is.

Btw, it is the more expensive model you quoted. Well, if it hadn't the RC feature, I would have been content with a Pana G1 instead. For long-time Olympus users, different thing: this model would also work on several Olympus E 4/3 SLR.

Punctured_tubeless.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I just wanted a software/firmware update to turn the image upside down on the LCD. Nothing fancy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.