1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Flickriver badge in signature

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by avidone, Jul 14, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    am I just completely stoopid?

I signed up for flickriver and asked it to generate a "badge" link, and I have tried several different ways to paste that into my signature without luck... I KNOW there MUST be a way, because I see it on the signatures of some other people... I tried with the "add link" button and also by simply pasting into the text... neither seemed to work
    :confused:

help for the thick?

2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    I checked mine and noticed that you can use BBcode in your signature, but not HTML.
    Use the BBcode version and you should be OK.

3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    thanks alf!

I had to google "BBcode" and find a converter, but that seems to have done the trick

4. AL904

AL904 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2012
    Jacksonville Beach, Florida
    Allen Forrest
    I generated a Flickriver "User Badge" link (Horizontal, 10 small thumbnails,) and successfully converted that html to BB Code using Gary Hood's HTML To BB Code Converter. However, when I paste the BB Code into my signature using the BB Code editor, I get a link, but there is no text, and the graphic is just an image placeholder.

Can someone help?

TIA!

5. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I'm having the same problem. I can go to flickrriver, click generate badge, choose say 5 small icons (most interesting) then generate the HTML. Then I can use an HTML to BBCODE converter but when I paste it into my signature it doesn't work.

6. AL904

AL904 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2012
    Jacksonville Beach, Florida
    Allen Forrest
    I'd forgotten about this issue until I saw imahawki's reply. I still would like to add that badge to my signature. Has anyone found a solution?

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Here is the code that @Alf@Alf posted in his sig:

Code:
    [URL="http://www.flickriver.com/photos/alfrjw/popular-interesting/"][ATTACH=full]434315[/ATTACH][/URL]

8. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    So here's the issue, if I take that code you posted and copy the
    Code:
    http://www.flickriver.com/badge/user/all/interesting/shuffle/medium-tiny/ffffff/333333/9291879@N02.jpg
    into any browser window, it loads his badge. If I copy the same snippet of code from MY badge it says "The image... cannot be displayed because it contains errors."

I wonder if the server is never generating the badge, which is why it appears to work but you get a broken image link when you post it here, but if you click it, it takes you there.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If your image URL is broken, there's no way to make it display.

10. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    So I saw a comment thread on Flickr that said flickrriver is dead. Maybe the part that generates the image is broken and isn't going to be repaired?